Chapter 44: Forget Me

Special thanks to @@heartsleeve for her many, many votes on Life is Liz.

Love you!

And enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forget me not my dear, my darling

Forget me not my love

~The Civil Wars, Forget Me Not

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My sister was back in town.

I'm gonna say it once more, my sister and her boyfriend were back in town.

Why?

Because she was visiting us and because there's a big family reunion on Saturday. I wasn't exactly thrilled to go to a family dinner at the moment. I was dreading it already, but I had to attend. There was no possible way for me to skip this.

But I'll cross that bridge when it gets here.

For now, the thing I had to focus on was preparing my house for dozens and dozens of football players-because drum roll, please-team bonding was going to happen in my house. Today. Oh the joy.

I had to make sure to lock my parents bedroom, my sister's room and mine just to make sure that none of them would snoop around. That was one of the precautions I had to take. Another one was to put all precious things away from the quarters they were allowed to enter.

Luckily dad was of big help. He bought lots and lots of soda and helped me fill the fridge. My parents had nothing against the idea to fill our house with jocks. They even welcomed it with open arms. It wasn't unusual for my parents to let me invite friends over. Not at all, they were always offering and urging me on to do so. They just wanted me to be happy and tried to make everything possible that I wished to do.

Plus, it was the football team and my dad was pretty much into football.

And so, in no time, my house was filled with football players. All of them were basically hanging around either in the kitchen, the living room or the back porch. I was pretty sure the boys were enjoying themselves.

"Liz!" Shaun called out to me from his position at the kitchen island. Some others were gathered around the room as well, chatting and drinking and eating some of my cookies.

"What's up?" I asked after I joined them.

"Who was that guy on the phone the other day?"

I frowned. "What guy?"

"When I answered your phone that day at Jack's place. You know, that guy. What was his name again?" He snapped his fingers. "Sam. His name was Sam."

Sam.

My heart stopped for a second.

Tentatively, I responded with my frost against his heat.

I took a deep breath.

The one moment I wasn't thinking about my first kiss I was reminded of it. I suppressed the urge to put my cool palms against my blazing hot cheeks. I cleared my throat, acting nonchalant. "What about him?"

"Who is he?"

Luckily nobody was paying much attention to our conversation at the moment since most of my close friends were lingering around, Logan among them.

"He's..." We were a tangle of heat and frost. "Noone. We used to date." 

He nodded in understanding. "Is he the guy you were making out with in the parking lot?"