Chapter 16: The Bus Incident

Cute little pic at the top. Enjoy reading!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you sleep when the time disappears, With every raindrop after all those years- part of a lyrics my friend wrote. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alex, don't be so mean to Elizabeth!" Mandy, our kindergarten teacher, lectured the little boy standing in front of me. 

"But she stole my car!" he whined. 

"No I didn't," I shot back, blinking the tears away. He looked down at me in confusion. 

"And even if she did steal your car then that wouldn't give you the right to push her down," Many explained. 

He looked up at her with big eyes. "Oh."

She nodded. "And now you'll apologize," she ordered, looking at him expectantly. 

He looked down at me again and extended his hand. I took it and he helped me stand up. "I'm sorry," he hung his head a little in shame, but still managed to look down at me. A very familiar set of green eyes were peering guiltily into mine. When Mandy saw that I nodded she turned away from us.  "It's just... It is a gift from my dad," he explained quietly.

I gave him a small smile. "It's okay Alex," I reassured him.

"Thanks Bee," his lips spread into a smile. 

I blushed, "You're welcome. Can I help you look for your car?" 

He grinned. "Sure." 

When some time had passed and we still couldn't find it, we decided to split up, much to my dismay. I really liked Alex and wanted to spend some time with him. Although it wasn't nice of him to push me  I understood that his car was very important to him. Maybe he'd let me play with him. The other boys never let me play with them.

While I was wandering around I bumped into a group of boys, playing on the ground with some toys. I gasped when I saw that one of them was playing with Alex' car. I snatched it out of his grip. "Hey! Give that back!" 

I held it behind my back. "This isn't yours," I lectured. 

"Give it back!" he ordered. 

I shook my head. "No!" I was standing my ground. 

Even as he stepped threateningly closer. "Give. It. Back." 

I gulped, feeling the fear building in my stomach. I shook my head. And then it happened. He pushed me. "Ahhh!" I cried out, colliding with the ground. 

"Give it back!" New tears filled my eyes, some already streaming down my cheeks. 

"Leave her alone!" Alex appeared in my sight of vision, pushing the boy away from me. Through blurry eyes I saw him get up and run away. 

Alex crouched down in front of me. "Bee, are you okay?" 

I held his car up. "I got your car," I said quietly, trying to keep the sobbing at bay. 

He smiled down at me and excepted it. "Thanks, Bee." I rubbed the tears away from my face . And when I looked up again he held his pinky finger in my face, his green orbs staring down at me. "Buddies?" he asked. 

I smiled at him, eyes wide. And looped my pinky through his. "Buddies." 

\\\\\

I awoke to the beeping of my alarm clock. I slowly pried my eyes open and rolled over, stopping the irritating noise. I stared up at the ceiling. What kind of weird dream was that?! I knew for sure that it couldn't possibly be a memory. I mean I was around, what? Five? And I couldn't see Jo anywhere. So, it was just a dream. Right?