Chapter 47: A Piece of History

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My past is what I've been through, it's not who I am. It has helped mold me, but it does not define me. ~Anonymous 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You know what?"

"What?" I asked with a smile while looking up at him with me still sitting comfortably next to him on the couch in the living room, his arm slung around my shoulders.

"We should spend more time together."

I laughed. "Agreed."

"When are you free next week?"

I bit my lip. "I'm not sure..."

He waved it away. "You know what, we'll just see to it spontaneously. We don't need to talk about this right now." I nodded. "Not when there are better things to do..." I didn't have time to prepare before his mouth was on mine once again. My eyes widened before they fluttered shut and my lips reacted to his. The kiss was short lived as my phone started buzzing. I pulled away and smiled when his lips followed the movement, not wanting to part from me yet. I gave him a quick peck before I reached for my phone. It was a text from Logan regarding the breakfast.

...

Regarding the breakfast.

The breakfast!

Mentally, I cursed. I'd totally forgotten about this. It was Sunday, joined breakfast tradition day. I got a glimpse of the time before I felt Sam's lips on the side of my neck. "If you don't understand what this means, it means I want your attention, sweetheart, please put your phone away." His lips brushed against my skin as he talked, sending a shiver through me. His words had my heart flutter in my chest. I angled my head away to give him better access to my neck as his warmth came in contact with my cold once more.

Then the time flashed through my mind and my eyes that had slowly closed seconds before, snapped open in alarm. My friends would arrive any minute now, expecting a breakfast I had yet to prepare. "Not that I want you to leave, but..."

He pulled away to look at me with a raised brow. "You're kicking me out?" he asked in disbelief.

I sighed to keep from wincing. Damn, how could I explain this to him without hurting his feelings? "My friends are coming over for breakfast."

"Breakfast?" He frowned. "It's like twelve o'clock."

I gave him a pointed look. "I know," I spoke slowly as though he couldn't understand the english language. "It's also Sunday. You know, the second day of the weekend?" In other words, sleep-in-day.

"And I'm not invited to join you?" He didn't look nor sound particularly hurt which somewhat relieved me.

I sighed. It was tradition which meant if I let him him stay he would need to be here every Sunday. So, if this thing between us-whatever it was-wouldn't work out then..."I don't want them to meet you yet. It's too fresh. Also, you don't know my friends you will wish you hadn't met them once you do." He gave me a questioning look. "They will interrogate you the moment they see you."

He hummed thoughtfully then leaned in close to let his lips touch the side of my neck. I let out a content hum at the delicate feel of his soft warmth against my skin. "And I can't possibly convince you to let me stay?" he spoke against my skin, causing goosebumps to break out all over my body.

"Positive," I answered somewhat breathlessly, my voice betraying my initial statement. When he went to kiss my cheek I turned my head and caught his lips in a gentle kiss. We moved in perfect synchronization, making my heart sore and pick up speed as my form filled with warmth. "I'm serious, you need to leave before they arrive," I spoke lowly against his lips.