Chapter 34: Part 2: Cuddly birds

Here is part 2, guys! Finally!!

I'd like to dedicate this Chapter to aflaaz for all her many, many votes on Life is Liz. Thank you!

Enjoy reading y'all!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? -Jalaluddin Rumi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We ended up getting Chinese, but Sam surprised me when he told me to wait in the car. So I did and he came back around 20 minutes later with a bag loaded with food. I gaped at him when he joined me in his car. "Sorry, it took so long, I didn't exactly know what to get you since I forgot to ask."

"So what, you bought the whole store?"

He laughed. "I got a bit of everything." I shook my head at him, but couldn't stop from smiling. He had a cute smile plastered on his handsome face that caused my chest to fill with warmth.

He sat the bag of goodness down between us and started the car again. "Should I ask where you are taking me?"

He shook his head, a boyish smile on his lips. "You will see soon enough. It's a surprise." He succeeded in making me curious, but I forced myself not to question him further and instead let giddiness overtake the urge to talk. But with the giddiness came the anxiety. Shaking my head, I tried to focuse on the excitement coursing through my veins. I was so curious I couldn't think about anything else and when Sam tried to make conversation I absentmindedly answered him.

He chuckled. "You must be bursting with curiosity." We came to a red light and he turned to face me.

"Yes!" I cried, only making him laugh at me.

"You are cute." He reached out and tapped my nose with his forefinger, grinning. My cheeks heated at the gesture. Oh well, I guess I could wait after all, seeing as my throat closed up after Sam had informed me of my being cute I wasn't able to speak anyway.

Not long after we rolled to a stop on top of a hill. Sam jumped out and rounded the car to open my door. I could only stare. I was speechless as I gawked at the view in front of me. From up here we were able to overlook the town. It was absolutely stunning. The lights from the streets below were shining brightly up at us.

"You like it?" He asked from behind me.

"It's absolutely beautiful," I said, gushing. "Thanks for not telling me," I said once I was able to tear my gaze away from the view and lock mine with his instead. It made this whole experience just that much better.

He smiled at me softly before grabbing my hand. "Come on." He tugged me to the back of his truck and it was just then that I noticed all the pillows and blankets laid out in the bed of his truck.

"Wow," I breathed. It was beautifully laid out. Various blankets were covering the trunk, fluffy looking pillows were piled up along the length of the bed.

He placed the bag of food off to the side before pulling himself up, arms flexing as he did. "Am I supposed to be able to go up there on my own, because I hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure the only thing I would do is embarrass myself. I'm no football player."

He grinned down at me. "Of course not." He held both his hands out for me to take. I grasped them before pulling myself up. Unfortunately for me my foot caught on the open tailgate and I tumbled into his arms. Well, when you put it that way it didn't sound so bad. "Whoa." He was quick to catch me. I was slightly breathless when I dared to look up at him. "You okay?" He asked, gazing down at me.