Chapter 33: Queen Elizabeth

It's finally here guh!!!

I'm dedicating this chapter to Annie, because of her kind words on the last post. Thank you, I don't think you know how much your words mean to me. So, thank you thank you!

Enjoy reading! Song at the top is a cover of Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood. I recommend to listen to it at the last scene/car scene/ Sam scene.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's too cold for you here,

And now,

So let me hold both your hands,

In the holes of my sweater.

~The Neighbourhood, Sweater Weather

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was walking through the halls, clutching my books to my chest as I did so. I'd been thinking about Alex a lot lately. He was constantly invading my thoughts even when I was sleeping he would pop up in my dreams more often than not.

The only issue was that I didn't know how much of my dreams were real and what parts were just made up. It got me thinking about my childhood a lot. All of my dreams were pretty different. Kindergarten. My house. A playground. And the hospital again. Those images were constant visitors at night.

My concentration was slim these days, because my thoughts were permanently occupied by Alex. That was probably also the reason why I walked past the door leading to the cafeteria. I only noticed it when my name was called.

"Liz!" Instantly, my head jerked up to look around. My gaze locked onto Drake's as he strolled through the halls like he owned the place. I shook my head mentally. Ryan had rubbed off on him.

I shifted uncomfortably as several pairs of eyes drew their attention towards us. "Yes?" I asked him once he reached me.

He had a boyish grin plastered on his face as his blue eyes swiped over the books in my arms curiously. "You going somewhere?"

"Er, the cafeteria.." I trailed off, because he should know this, I was going to meet them there.

Instead of answering me he gripped both of my elbows and stirred me into the direction of the double doors I just went passed. I should really pay more attention, I thought. I suppressed the urge to face-palm myself instead I smiled up at him in thanks. "Is everything okay? You seem kinda out of it lately."

I shook my head as we entered the room. "No, nothing."

He eyed my hands again. "Why did you bring your books?"

I shook my head. Why did I bring them? I asked myself. "I guess, I was just lost in thoughts and forgot to put them back in my locker." I shrugged.

I frowned when we got closer to our table. Sophie was sitting with us. Don't get me wrong it wasn't like I disliked Ryan's sister, but I was confused. Normally she would sit with her friends not us. She jumped up when she saw me approaching, a grin on her face. "Liz," she greeted me and pulled me into a hug.

"Sophie," I hugged her back. "What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you," she said once we pulled away. "Come sit down." I couldn't even open my mouth let alone answer before she grabbed my wrist and pulled me down next to her. Well, I guess I didn't have much say in this.

"Okay," I mumbled skeptically. "So, what's up?" I asked carefully. Why had she been looking for me? The way the guys were looking at us made me suspicious not to mention anxious.