Chapter 8: Summer Memories And A Date?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer ends, but the memories last forever

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We approached some of the guys, including Logan, Tyler and Jack in the hall in front of the changing rooms. "Hey what are you doing here? I thought Courtney gave you a ride. At least that's what she asked me for," Logan frowned. So Courtney asked my best friend for permission to give me a lift home?

"Well that was the plan, but this idiot here had other ideas," I gestured towards a smirking Ryan.

"You know you love me babe," he took a step closer and slung an arm around my waist. I looked at his arm and then glared at him.

"Don't call me babe."

"Uh, but babe you know you love it," I glared even harder and pushed him away.

"Just-" I was cut off as Ryan's phone started ringing. He held his index finger up. "Give me a minute."

"Hello?" he answered his phone as he walked away. I sighed, as he crossed the corner.

"Long day?" Logan asked.

I groaned. "I hate myself. I should have never agreed to all of this."

Jack nudged me in the side. "Oh come on, he isn't that bad."

"No? So could you explain to me how I'm gonna survive his cockiness? How he'll shut up for just a second. He is so annoying," I said, desperate and a little pissed.

He opened his mouth, but closed it again as I continued speaking. "Wait a sec," I pointed my index finger in the air. "Why didn't you guys actually told me that I shouldn't and not even in the slightest think about accepting his deal. You never interfered. You didn't do anything in fact. You two just stood there and did nothing to stop me from saying yes. You know him. You know what he is like," I spat as I pointed my finger at Logan and Jack.

"You'd have never listened to us."

"Liz don't be so dramatic." they both said at the same time.

I scoffed. I know they were right, that it wasn't their fault, but I didn't want to admit that I did the wrong thing, not them. But you know maybe I deserve it, maybe I agreed, because I wanted to punish myself for I don't exactly know what. Maybe for not being selfless enough, for not having enough strength to compose myself on Friday night and worry my friends. Well I know that it happened after I had agreed, but still maybe that is the reason why I let it get to me. Because my sub conscious knows when I don't deserve happiness.

"I'm sorry. You guys are right," I forced a smile on my face.

Jack trotted towards me, a grin on his face. He ruffled my hair with one hand and slung his arm around my shoulders. "Oh. Apology accepted Lizzy," he cooed.

I smiled as I smacked his hand away from my head and ran a hand through it. Every single time Jack did that gesture I felt like having an older brother and it makes me smile. "Ouch," he faked hurt.

I chuckled as he looked down at me. The look on his face was priceless. He was a good actor. However I slung an arm around his waist and I turned my attention to Tyler, wanting to ask him the question I'm dying to know. "Tyler, since when are you and Thalia dating?"

"Oh Liz, Liz, Liz, innocent little Liz we aren't 'dating', our relationship simply consists of having fun," he air quoted the word dating. I rolled my eyes.