Part 2: Revelations

Part 2: Revelations

The world his hiding in public. It's there, right in front of us. But we don't see it. Sometimes we do, but most of the time we don't. Or we decide not to, we close our eyes from the truth. The truth that the world is a cruel place with it's own faults and imperfections. We don't want to see the bad stuff that happens around our own bubble of safety. Let's be honest we are self-absorbed.

But some people are brave enough to open their eyes and look the cruelty straight in the face. And they see it. They see how much people are hurting, on the in- and outside. They see how much pain there is that will never heal, so much pain that nobody deserves. And they see that we are doing this to ourselves. 

Human beings are mean to their own kind. They disrespect them, they hurt them, they kill them. And for what? For their own selfish reasons.

I'm not sure if I want to live in a world in which people exclude others just because they are different. Just because they have their own opinion. Just because they aren't what people think of them. Just because they feel different. Just because they don't like them. Just because they have faults and make mistakes. 

Just because they are human.

A world in which people can't accept others because they look different, act different, are different. Because they have a different ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or sex. Because they are handicapped or mentally ill.

Some people see all of this and even beyond, many of them are the ones that are hurting.

I wonder if they are happy they got to know the truth or if they wish for going back and shutting their eyes close from this very revelation. Because once you do open your eyes there's no going back.

So are revelations really such a good thing?

They could destroy you completely. But would you prefer living a lie instead of knowing the truth?

Why do we lie or keep things from others in the first place? There wouldn't be any revelations to make then. 

Of course I'm one to talk, I lie all the time, to others and to myself. We all know that it's hard to tell the truth. But we also know that life is hard. So why do we make it harder for ourselves to live if living is a tough game to play already?