8

We stayed on the rooftop for a while in silence but for the first time it was comfortable silence, Mikey  has calmed down, his expression is now blank.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.
He looked at me "I don't know" he looked lost and it made me a bit nervous.

I haven't known Mikey for long but during those few weeks I only saw him as the professional expressionless boss that gives us orders, right now I'm seeing a very different man, a vulnerable man who suffered too much in silence and for once I want him to talk.

"Mikey"
"Hmm?"
"Do you trust me a bit more now?"
"Maybe a little bit"
"Would you let me listen to you?"
"I don't know what to say"
"Anything on your mind"
He stayed silent and I waited patiently for him but before he could say anything we heard Sanzu's voice.

"Mikey, are you... okay?" The pink haired man asked cautiously he looked very worried.

Mikey nodded and stood on his feet making me do the same.

"I'm okay, we should go now anyway" he made his way downstairs and we followed him.

"Thank you" Sanzu said in a low voice so that Mikey can't hear.
"For what?"
"For saving our King" I looked at him and he was looking at Mikey, one can clearly see how much Sanzu respected and valued Mikey just by this look "there is no use of this life if Mikey isn't in it".

"He deserves to live.... Happily" I whispered the last word, I wonder what's the meaning of a happy life according to Mikey.

We reached to the car when Mikey spoke again "Sanzu, could you call our doctor and make him come here now?  Takemichi is inside with gun wounds he is still alive, no vital organs were hit" Sanzu was a bit taken aback but he called the doctor, it took him 15 minutes to come, Mikey told Sanzu to stay with the doctor and Takemichi and call him if anything happened before we both entered his car, I decided to be the one to drive and Mikey didn't mind.

We reached Mikey's house and he headed to his room but spoke before entering it "thank you, y/n"

For some reason this made me blush it's been a long time since I received a thank you from someone and I just received two thank you in less than a day.

"Don't mention it, just talk to me when you get these thoughts, will you?

Mikey gave me a very faint smile that I almost missed it before entering his room, I sighed heavily and plopped myself on the couch closing my eyes.

That's when I heard it.

Ticking sound, very faint ticking sound.

I stood up and looked around the living room, my hearing is a bit stronger than average and this sounded like a clock ticking but here is the thing.

All the clocks in this house don't have any sounds.

I closed my eyes and followed the voice it got louder as I approached Mikey's room, I knocked on the door loudly and Mikey opened the door, he wasn't wearing his shirt a puzzled look on his face "do you need anything y/n?"

Okay no time for this now.

I pushed him to the side and got inside the room, looking everywhere for the source of this sound.

"Y/n what the hell do you-?"
"Shush! Be quiet I need to find it" I cut him off, he didn't seem happy about it but he stopped talking.

I looked under the bed and it was there a leather bag taped to the bottom side of the bed, I carefully but quickly removed the tape and opened the bag, Mikey's eyes widened behind me.

It was a bomb and we have one minute and fifty seconds.

I took a deep breath trying to think of a solution, turning to the male behind me "any idea how to stop it?"

He Shaked his head still shocked about the whole situation.

Fuck!

And then the craziest idea came to my mind.

"Give me your gun!" I told Mikey.
"What?"
"We don't have time give me the gun Mikey! I have an idea"

Mikey gave me the gun and I held the bag carefully sprinting outside of the apartment.

Now we have one minute and ten seconds.

Fuck me and my crazy ideas!

I ran up the stairs towards the rooftop, luckily Mikey's apartment was only two floors under the rooftop.

I reached there and looked around, all the surrounding buildings were shorter than the one I was on, this might work.

Twenty seconds left.

I swung the bag a Few times then threw it as high and away as I could, then held the gun and shoot it, making it explode in the air as I quickly crouched down covering my head with my arms as shrapnel flew around me, I could hear people screaming and yelling from the other buildings and the street.

Then I felt something draping over my head and body covering me, I think it was a thick coat and a pair of arms wrapped around me.

Few seconds later voices died down and no more shrapnel were flying, I slowly took the coat off my head and looked around seeing Mikey with his arms around me holding the coat in place, still shirtless and a few cuts on his body but nothing too serious, he pulled away and sat beside me.

"That was a crazy idea" he said.
I chuckled "you could say that again, but hey it worked"
"True and I owe you my life for that... Twice" Mikey had a genuine smile on his face, the first actual smile I saw from him, he now looked more like the teenage boy in the picture.

"You should smile more"

Wait! Did I just say this out loud?!!

A blush appeared on my face and I looked away.

"S-sorry I didn't mean to say that!"
"I don't mind it" I looked back at him and he was still smiling, I didn't know he was capable of smiling for so long.

"About you being a suspect" he started and I looked at him "you can forget about that now"

"Really?!"
"For now yes, I have someone else in mind"

I pouted what's this "for now" bullshit I just risked my life for you man.

I heard the man beside me chuckle "don't be so disappointed, this is a big progress"

"But it's still not enough" I whined which surprised me, why am I so determined to gain his trust anyway?

The man beside me looked up to the now calm dark sky "you wanted me to tell you something, right?"

I got confused for a while but then I remembered he meant when we were on the other rooftop "yea" I said.

He sighed still looking at the sky "I wonder what my big brother would have done if he was in my place"

"Where is he now?"
"He died about fourteen years ago"
"I'm sorry for your loss" I said it sincerely.
Mikey just sighed his dark eyes getting distant.

"I still think about him, everyday".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: I wrote this chapter at work today cause I wanted to post it a bit early but realized that I don't have internet so had to wait till I got home -.-

What do you guys think about y/n's personality till now and her interaction with Mikey and Sanzu? Do you want me to make a personality card for her?, you know those cards that has the character info it's hard to explain 😅

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a great day/night, love you all ❤️❤️