27

After the trio left I decided to sleep for some more since I have nothing else to do.

When I woke up again it was already night and I felt a weight on left thigh so I glanced at the side and found him sitting on a chair beside my bed and his head was on my thigh sleeping.

His peaceful features made me smile as I brushed a few strands of his black hair away from his face, his eyelashes twitched a little before he slowly opened his eyes.

"Hey" I said in a soft voice a warm smile on my face.
"Hey, you're awake" he said in a raspy voice.
"Yea, sorry to wake you up as well".
"No, no it's okay angel, I'm glad you did actually" Kakucho said as he sat straight, his eyes were examining my shoulder then he asked "are you in any pain?"
"A little bit" I said with a smile.
"I'll go tell the doctor to give you some painkillers" he said as he stood up and walked out of my room.

After a few minutes he came back with the doctor who examined me and asked me a few questions before giving me some painkillers.

Kakucho who was leaning on the wall came and sat back beside me again and held my hand "you scared me there my angel, I thought I was going to lose you".
"Don't worry Kaku, I won't die this easily" I tried to assure him.
He Kissed my fingers "will you promise me that?"
"I promise" I nodded and he did the same thing now seeming satisfied with my answer.

Then I remembered something "where are we now by the way?" I asked.
"This is a makeshift clinic we prepared in the HQ" he said.
"Oh it's impressive that you managed to do that on such a short notice"
"Mikey demanded that as soon as Ran called saying that you got shot, everyone went chaotic hearing about it, we all were angry" Kaku said while frowning.

It was my turn then to hold his hand "I'm alive now so you don't have to be worried or angry" I smiled "this painkiller is starting to make me sleepy once again" then I moved a little bit to the side and patted the empty space on the bed.

Kaku quickly understood and laid beside me on the bed carefully pulling me to his chest, he then planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Sleep well, my angel".

............................................

After Kakucho reluctantly left to do some work I stayed alone for a while checking my phone when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I said.
The door opened revealing Koko with a huge bouquet of  flowers, once he saw me he quickly made his way towards my bed and put the bouquet down before hugging me carefully "ahh, thank God I finally found you awake!"
The male then pulled away and started asking hundreds of questions "how are you feeling? Are you in pain? Do you need me to tell the doctor to give you some pain killers? Oh! Are you hungry? I'll get you food" Koko looked very worried so I had to calm him down first.

"Koko breath, okay? I'm fine, I'm not dying" I looked into his eyes trying to assure him "I don't feel pain I just took some painkillers don't worry, but you are probably right about the food I'm hungry".
The man then took a deep breath and nodded "okay I'll get you food, what do you want to eat?" He asked.
"Anything is fine, I'm not craving a certain food at the moment" I smiled.
"Okay!" He then took out his phone and called someone, fifteen minutes later the food arrived.

"Um, Koko I know I said I'm hungry but you didn't have to order the entire menu" I said taking a spoonful of rice.
"You are injured you need to eat well" he said and fed me a piece of meat.

For the next half an hour Koko basically stuffed me with food till I wasn't able to breathe.

"No, no more food" I said while gently pushing his hand that held a spoon of rice and curry.
Luckily Koko obliged and stopped giving me food.
"Thank you for the food, Koko" I smiled.
"No problem, just stay safe angel please!" He said worry laced in his voice.
"I will, I promise".

.........................................

Later that day Takeomi and Mochi visited me, they were worried but they masked it well under their smiles.

"I know you are a tough angel, something like that won't kill you but still you got me worried" Takeomi said while patting my head, Mochi standing next to him nodding in agreement.

"Come onnn, I'm fine! Why are you even that worried? Kaku got shot before and you didn't do all that"

"Well, Kaku didn't faint from losing almost all his blood" Mochi said back "we have every right to be worried angel".

I couldn't say anything back to that "fine, but yet again I'm okay now, I'm not dying".
The two men chuckled and ruffled my already messy hair "like we would let you die anyway".

After that the two men talked to me about different things, keeping me updated with everything that happened while I was unconscious.

..........................................

It was almost midnight now and all the executives left to let me get some rest after keeping my company for the whole day, I was about to get some sleep when I heard the door open slowly.

I got alerted at that and reached and tried reaching for my gun but then I saw it was Mikey.

"Oh, you are awake" he said looking a bit surprised.
"Yea I was going to get some sleep now" I said.
"Oh.. I'll come back later then, get your rest"
"No no no no! You can stay Mikey, I slept too much, I can stay awake for a while".
Mikey seemed hesitant for a while then made his way to my bed sitting at the edge of it.

Few moments of silence was all we could hear then Mikey spoke "I'm sorry"
"Huh? For what?" I was confused by his sudden apology.
"I shouldn't have sent you on this mission without enough backup, I thought it was a small mission but I thought wrong".

Mikey looked guilty, very guilty actually, I didn't know what to say.

"You got injured because of me, you are here because of me, you could have died because of me" he looked at me with lost eyes "I could have lost another person that I value"

"Mikey, that didn't happen and me being shot isn't anyone's fault but the one who shot me" I held his hand "it's not your fault, I joined Bonten fully knowing that this might happen to me at any moment, if you are at fault then I'm at fault even more"

"No, you're not" he said.
"Then neither do you!" I said back "so stop blaming yourself and stop imagining things that didn't happen, I'm alive and I'm actually feeling better now"

"I'll try" he mumbled.

I smiled "good".

He then moved closer to me and hugged me.

"I wanted to do this since you came back"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: writing a stressed out Koko is so fun 😅😅

I hope you guys liked this chapter and have an amazing day/night, love you all ❤️❤️