14

I spent this night held in Kakucho's arms, I felt safe and for the first time in a long time I didn't get nightmares.

I woke up before him in the morning, carefully removing his arm that was wrapped around my waist, getting up, and heading to the bathroom to freshen up.

Kakucho helped me a lot yesterday so I decided to make him a big breakfast, after getting out of the bathroom I headed to the kitchen checking the fridge and cabinets for ingredients.

Luckily I found all I need, getting out eggs, milk and bread I decided to make him french toast, omelette rolls and coffee, this should be good enough since I'm not the best cook.

I heard some footsteps as I finished making the food and soon a head rested on my shoulder.

"Smells nice" he said in a hoarsed voice.
I smiled "want a piece?" I offered him a piece of the omelette.
"I meant you but yea the food smells good too" he chuckled and accepted the omelette.
"Tsk, such a flirt" I playfully clicked my tongue.
He swallowed the food before speaking again "and you are flirt worthy".
I felt my cheeks getting warmer and looked away "what's up with you this morning? What happened to the serious Kakucho?"
He chuckled, his head is no longer resting on my shoulder "I don't know, I'm just in a good mood today I guess" then he headed to the bathroom.

As I was placing the food on the dining table my mind kept wondering.

'I wonder if this is how couples start their day'
'shut up y/n, you're not a couple, you only kissed one time'
'.... It was nice tho..'

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw Kakucho getting out of the bathroom, he helped me place some plates on the table then we had breakfast together while talking about random things.

"by the way, Mikey wants to see us in two hours" Kakucho said as he was washing the dishes.

I stopped cleaning the counter "new mission?"
"Doubt it, he probably wants to discuss our last mission, give him all the details"
I nodded, frowning a bit "oh okay"
Kakucho finished washing the last dish and spoke again while drying his hands "are you okay with discussing this I can meet him alone if you don't want".
"No, It's time to move on from this anyway" I smiled at him.

He nodded "I'll be by your side".

Kakucho's POV:

It's funny how spending a few days with someone can change how you view them completely.

When I first met y/n I didn't think she will last long as an executive, she looked reckless I thought she was one of those girls who are looking for adventure, thinking criminals are cool.

But no y/n is different, she is not a bored spoiled girl, she is strong welled and determined, she has a unique personality and above all that I saw how brutal and merciless she can be.

But what really made me change my mind about her is how she used every negative emotion she has to benefit her, how instead feeling helpless she chose to take her revenge and for that I'm welling to protect her.

I want to be her support when she feels vulnerable, because I know that after those vulnerable moments she will get even stronger.

"We should get ready to go now" y/n said getting me out of my thoughts.
"Oh... Yea you are right, I'll lend you some of my clothes" I said.
"Thanks, Kaku" she smiled "oh and your arm! We should see a doctor for that!"
"Don't worry I'll visit our doctor after meeting Mikey"
"I'll come with you, you have no say in this"

Yep y/n is a one of a kind woman.

Y/n POV:

We reached the Bonten HQ and headed to Mikey's office, we knocked and entered after hearing a faint "come in".

"Good morning, Mikey" I greeted him cheerfully, too cheerfully actually.

"Good morning, y/n, Kakucho, sit down both of you" he said in his same monotonous voice making me scowl.

We both sat down then Mikey spoke once more "Kakucho said the mission was a success, I want to hear the details from both of you"

We told Mikey all about the mission from tracking Hiroya to breaking into his house and him shooting Kakucho.

"I shoot both of his legs the knocked him unconscious and killed him after, our men cleaned up everything and burnt the body" I told Mikey.

"Good job, the other executives will take care of the rest, you two can rest and Kakucho, go to our doctor for your arm".

"Yes, sir" we both said and exited Mikey's office.

I held Kakucho's uninjured arm "let's go, I'm coming with you" and lead him to the doctor.

Time skip:

Cobra is now a subordinate gang under Bonten's command, after the death of the two bosses the executives took over all of Cobra's resources, and after a gun fight that lasted a few hours Cobra's men surrendered and swore their life to Bonten.

So here we are now celebrating our victory at one of the clubs owned by Bonten.

Ugh why did it have to be clubs?

The other executives were occupied, some drinking and taking drugs and some getting entertained by girls that came flooding our VIP booth as soon as we sat down.

I honestly won't blame the girls, if someone saw a bunch of hot men in a VIP booth they will at least get interested.

I shouldn't have come this is boring, I should have declined like Mikey.

Sighing I left the booth heading outside of the club for some fresh air.

I stood outside of the club, the cool air surrounding me making me shiver but I didn't mind it.

"Boring night?" I heard a voice beside me making me jump, taking out the blade I always carry.

"Wait, wait it's me" Rindou said chuckling.
I sighed in relief "don't startle me like this again!"
"Sorry" he didn't look sorry at all "so why are you outside?"
"It's boring here, everyone is either drinking or having fun with girls and no matter how much I tried to convince myself for the past few years, I'm sadly straight"

That made him laugh "you make it sound like the worst thing in the world"

"Well, it kinda is" I shrugged "what about you? What are you doing outside?"

"I wanted to take a break it's too noisy, and a smoke in this weather sounds nice".

The wind blew more and it made me visibly shiver, Rindou noticed that and took of his jacket draping it over my shoulders "your dress is not fit for this" he said.

"True" I was wearing a red satin spaghetti strap dress with long slit at the side.

"You know what?" He spoke and I looked at him with raised eyebrow "I'll make you like being straight".

I laughed "and how will you do that?"

He offered me his hand.

"Come with me and you will see".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: today was a very happy day for me I woke up to more than 50 notifications on my two stories and a lot of nice comments, I like to thank you for this you truly made my day even tho I had a lot of work today😅

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a great day/night, love you all babes ❤️