16

Our questions game lasted for about an hour, I told him about my past how I was always a straight A student, and my downfall till I became a homeless person before meeting Mikey, leaving behind the details about hiroya, I want to move on but I'm not ready yet to talk about it openly like this, thankfully Rindou didn't pressure me to talk.

"Wow! Your life is truly a rollercoaster" he looked at me in disbelief.
That made me giggle "you can say that again, but I can't complain now, not gonna lie I'm happy now"
"Of course you are! You are sitting in a car with the most handsome man in all Japan" he said playfully.
I scoffed "shut up, you're ugly! One ugly slave" I stuck my tongue out at him.
He flicked my forehead "liar! You think I'm handsome"
"Pfft, whatever" I rolled my eyes at him.

Silence engulfed us then Rindou spoke again "you know what? Starting today I'll make sure you stay happy, I'll be your big bro" he ruffled my hair.
I raised an eyebrow at him genuinely confused "what's up with you all of the sudden?"
Rindou shrugged "I don't know, I always wanted a little sister I guess, wanted to feel like a big bro for once".
"Okay, Oni San" I said playfully in a high pitched voice.
He chuckled and Shaked his head "how could you do that without cringing?"
"I cringed internally"

We stayed silent for a while before I broke the silence "tell me something you never told anyone".

He thought for a while "hmm, sometimes I wonder if people see me as a person or just an addition".
I furrowed my eyebrows at that "an addition? How?"
"I'm always refered to as "Ran's younger brother", "the younger Haitani" it's like people don't see me as a separate independent human being" he paused a sad smile on his face "don't get me wrong I love my brother, he is my role model and I'll give my life to him in a blink of an eye, I just wanna be seen as me, Rindou, just Rindou".

I extended my hand and held the side of his head, caressing his cheek with my thumb, he looked at me with confusion written on his face "I see you as Rindou, an annoying motherfucker at times but a very dependable man nonetheless, you are not an addition Rindou, whoever thinks of you like that is obviously stupid".

The male smiled and held my hand that was on his face "you really think so?"
"Obviously! You and Ran are completely different, he is a flirty bastard and you are obviously a tsundere"
"I'm honestly not sure if I should be happy or offended, but thank you y/n". We both laughed at that.

"I'm more comfortable with you than Ran if I'm being honest, I don't hate Ran it's just with flirty people like him it's hard to know what they actually think about".

"Hey! I can be flirty too!" Rindou said.
"Oh really? Hit me with your best pick up line" I challenged him.
He thought for a while then gave me a seductive look "I was wondering if you’re an artist because you were so good at drawing me in".

I looked at him with a stoic expression for a second before laughing loudly tears were coming from my eyes, Rindou looked obviously annoyed now "I'm sorry, I'm sorry it's just so cringy" I said as I wiped the tears off my eyes "you have a good seductive look tho".

"Ugh shut up!" He said looking outside the car, but I could see a hint of a smile on his face.

I looked outside the car and realized it's already dawn, sun was starting to rise.

"It's so peaceful" I mumbled before yawning.
Rindou looked at me "let's get you home you look really sleepy" I nodded and closed my eyes "wake me up when we reach there".

Rindou started driving then I spoke once more "hey Rindou?"
"Hmm?"

"If there is more men like you then I probably won't mind being straight".

......................................

Few days later:

I entered the HQ and headed to Mikey's office knocking and entering.

Mikey was reading some documents he looked up at me a bit confused "do you need anything y/n?"
"Nope" I said plopping on the chair in front of Mikey "I just wanted to see you".

"And why is that?" He put down his documents, giving me full attention.

"We haven't talked properly since that night on the roof, I just want to check on you"

Mikey looked back at his documents "there is nothing to talk about, you should forget about what happened on the roof"

"What do you mean forget about what happened? Mikey you need help, you literally told me this!"
"I was just stressed y/n, we all get stressed from time to time" he said in his usual monotonous voice.
"Yes but we don't just decide to jump of a fucking building!"
"I didn't jump now, did I?"
"Yes but that doesn't change the fact that-"
"Y/n!" He cut me off "don't forget that you work under me, I said to forget about it, that's an order" he glared at me his eyes void of any emotions sending chills down my spine.

I stayed silent unable to say anything "if that's all you want to talk about then please go back to your office, I'm busy right now" he said while checking his stupid documents.

I was pissed but I know there is no way I'll get something out of him at this point so I stood up and bowed to him before leaving his office.

I'm going to help you Manjiro Sano, whether you like it or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: I wasn't going to post a chapter today since I had an annoying writing block but I tried writing this chapter nots sure if it's good or not honestly :/ let me know what do you think.

I start my weekend today! 🤩 Will probably post a kazutura one shot tomorrow or the day after ^^

I Hope you liked this chapter, have a great day/night, love you all ❤️❤️