57

I turned on the speaker in the car so that everyone could hear, and Kristel played a record.

"How long till the grand finale?" I heard Jasmine's voice.
"Hmm, about 30 minutes, less if they decide to stop their cars" Hiroshi said.

That alerted me I glanced to Kuro who was driving he had the same worried look.

"Don't stop the Car whatever happens!" I shouted "everybody search this car, look under your seat behind them" I started searching under my seat and the driver's seat.

"Kristel call anyone from Bonten in the other car, Tell them not to stop and search the car carefully!" I kept yelling.

"Uhh, y/n I think I found it" Akari said pointing under her seat, I glanced at her and saw the bomb.

"Don't move it!" I shouted already panicking my doubts were true they planted bombs inside both of our cars.

I quickly called Mikey while asking Akari "how much time do we have left?"

"25 minutes"
"Fuck!!" At that moment Mikey picked up the phone "Mikey there is a bomb in your car!! Don't stop the car no matter what!" I shouted.

I could hear the executives cursing and yelling in the background and Mikey spoke "We saw it, we are trying to stop it right now and nothing is working!"

Kuro glanced back at the bomb while driving "can you take the wheel? I'll try to stop it!"

I quickly nodded and switched seats with Kuro making sure that the car doesn't stop.

This is all a stupid mistake we should have checked our cars before getting in, even if Kuro stopped our bomb there is very little time left.

They might not survive, will I witness them dying one more time?

I could see Bonten's car beside ours Koko, Rindou and Sanzu where trying to stop the bomb under Ran's seat, Kakucho was driving and Mikey next to him, everyone looked stressed out and angry.

"I found a way to stop it but it will take time, we will survive but I'm not sure if I will have time to jump to the other car and stop theirs" Kuro said.

No, I won't let them die one more time, I don't care what it takes I will stop this.

"Can you give them instructions on how to stop the bomb while working on ours?" I asked with my eyes on the road.
"If it's the same bomb I can" he said as he worked on our bomb.

So I called Mikey back " hand the phone to any of the ones who are trying to stop the bomb! We will tell him how to stop it!" I saw Mikey give the phone to Rindou and I then gave the phone to Akari to hold it against Kuro's ear, he started asking questions to make sure it's the same bomb then he started to give his instructions to Rindou as they both worked on the bombs.

Minutes passed so quickly and with every second we were getting closer to our deaths, images of everyone's dead bodies kept playing in my head and I couldn't stop them, my eyes were getting blurry with tears I could barely see where I'm driving.

"We will live, we all gonna live!" I kept mumbling to myself, calming myself but it wasn't working, with every second that passed the images became more vivid.

"Now you press the Blue button at the back!" Kuro said"this should stop it!" He was nervous he shut his eyes tightly and pressed the button.

And it worked, there was no ticking and everyone in our car started cheering and patting the exhausted looking Kuro on his back.

I slowly glanced at Bonten's car and everyone seemed relieved, some were cheering as well Koko gave us thumbs up as a sign that they indeed stopped the bomb, Rindou had an exhausted smile on his face as Ran patted his back, Mikey gave me a small yet fond smile.

I turned back to Kuro after the cheering toned down and smiled "thank you, Kuro"

We slowly parked our cars in front of the HQ, I could feel the affect of today's events on my body as I got out of the car, I could barely walk and after two steps I almost fell down if it isn't for an arm suddenly wrapped around me.

I took a glance and saw Mikey with a concerned expression on his face "I think today's events affected you the most".
"Guess so, everything is spinning" I mumbled.
"Let's go, I'll take you home" he said.

.................................

"Today every doubt I had about you was gone" Mikey said once we reached my house "part of me didn't believe the things you said, thinking it was all a trap".

"I don't blame you" I said "what I said was unbelievable" I then remember that something close to this happened before, that night when I found a bomb in Mikey's apartment, the first time he told me about Shinichiro.

It made me laugh a bit, why do we always end up in a bomb situation?

Mikey furrowed his eyebrows in confusion "why are you laughing?"
I shrugged "nothing it's just ... We might be some kind of bomb magnet" I then proceeded to tell him about that night on his roof and surprisingly he also laughed.

I realized how much I missed that laugh.
"You should laugh more often" I said but this time it wasn't by accident, it took Mikey off guard.
He smiled "tell me more about how we used to be... You and I"

"Well you were my boss, you were distant for a while, I would just report to you everything I do" I said.
"Oh.." Mikey said looking a bit disappointed.

"But after a while we got closer, you opened up to me a lot".
"So we became... Friends? He asked.
"Yep" I said remembering that day when we went grocery shopping and how happy he was when he found that brand of dorayaki, the memories made me smile fondly.

Mikey got a bit closer to me "just.. friends?" He asked in a low voice.
"Umm, well..." I started not knowing what to say.
"Did I do this?" He softly caressed my cheek and I nodded.
"What about this?" He planted a small kiss on my cheek and I nodded.

Then his face got close once again to mine our noses touching "and what about..."
"Yes!" I whispered closing the gap between our lips, his arm wrapped around my waist pulling me closer to him, it was different from the kiss we shared before, somehow it was deeper yet slower, I didn't want to pull away even if it means I won't be able to breathe.

It made me truly realize how much I missed him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: this is my apology to yesterday's cliffhanger 😅 things will get a bit crazy from now on we are kinda close to the ending but I'm still not sure how close ❤️

I hope you guys liked this chapter, have a great day/night, love you all 😘❤️