20

TW mentions of types of drugs.

I sat with the rest of the executives at the lounge discussing the latest meeting we had with one of our ally gangs.

"I don't think investing in that new drug is a good idea" I said.
"Why not? It's cheap, effective and I personally think it can replace LSD in no time" Sanzu said resting his head on the arm chair.

Ran chuckled "no offense to you drug lord but I actually agree with y/n, it might be cheap and effective but it's way more dangerous not to mention it didn't get tested enough".

Sanzu clicked his tongue "you guys are cowards".

I kicked his extended leg and before he could say anything one of Mikey's men entered the lounge.

"Miss y/n, Boss wants you in his office now" then he left.
Koko smirked "someone is in trouble~"
I rolled my eyes "ugh shut up" and then followed the man to Mikey's office.

I haven't talked to Mikey since that time when I tried checking on him and he pushed me away, it annoyed me and still does.

He was sitting on his desk and lifted his head when I opened the door.

I sat on the chair in front of him a stoic expression on my face "you called for me?"
"Yes"
I raised an eyebrow expectedly "and? What can I do for you, Boss?"
He sighed "I'm sorry, I treated you coldly that day without any good reason"
"I don't want an apology Mikey, I just want to help you" I retorted.
"I'm fine y/n, I don't need your help" he said.
I scoffed "You and I both know this is bullshit".

He looked at me his dark eyes getting even more darker "y/n ... Don't make me regret calling you here".

I remained silent for a few minutes "is it that hard for you to open up to me?" I asked looking at his face "do you still not trust me? After I risked my life to save you?!"

For a split second I could see an expression on his face other than his blank expression... Was it guilt? Sorrow? I couldn't tell.

"I do trust you, y/n" he said.
"Yea I can obviously see that" I rolled my eyes.
He remained silent, his silence made me start to feel guilty, I obviously hurt him, he wasn't obligated to tell me anything and yet here I'm pressuring him to talk.

I was about to apologize to him when he spoke "you can go y/n".

Words stuck in my throat, I couldn't say anything so I just sighed and walked out of his office.

As soon as I left his office I whispered.

"I'm sorry, Manjiro"

.............................................

I walked back to the lounge noticing everyone other than Koko had left, the silver haired man was talking on the phone, I made my way and sat on the chair next to him, grim expression on my face.

The male eyed me for a second before speaking to whoever on the phone "I'll call you later" And hung up the phone.

"What's up? You look awful" he said.
"Gee thank you!" I said sarcastically.
"No really, did Mikey scold you or something?"
"Nope, but we kinda argued about something".

Koko's eyes widened "holy shit are you guys dating?!" He shouted and I placed my hand on his mouth.
"Who said anything about dating now you stupid Kokonut?!" I whisper shouted.
He eyed me suspiciously "you sounded like you were talking about a boyfriend just now"
"We are not dating, Koko! We just argued about something from the previous mission" I half lied to the male he didn't need to know the real argument.

"Fine, fine it's not like I care much about Mikey's love life" he waved his hand dismissively.
"Speaking of love life" I started looking at the male "Amongst all the other executives you are the only one that I never see with any girl even for fun" then I gasped "omg Koko are you gay? If you are I can set you up with someone!" I said remembering that cute subordinate that works under me.

"Shut up I'm not gay!" He rolled his eyes.
"Then what's up?" I said a bit interested now.
He sighed "every woman I've been with thinks of me as an ATM, I'm tired of being used like this".

That made me feel sorry for the guy, when I first joined Bonten Koko was one of the people I instantly clicked with, we both valued money highly and he was an easygoing person so befriending him was easy for me, he is also very smart which I admired a lot about him.

But our relationship was always playful banters just like siblings, we never went deeper than that never asking sensitive questions or talking about our feelings, so when he said that he was tired of being used I had to fight the urge to ask about who used him before.

"You are probably looking in the wrong place Koko, I can assure you there are many women out there that doesn't really care about money" I told him.

He shrugged "I'm too busy for a relationship right now anyways" he then stood up extending his hand to me.

"Come on let's go to our usual restaurant I'm starving, maybe hit the bar after"

I took his hand and stood up as well smirking "thought you were too busy"

"Yep! Spoiling you"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: I feel like this chapter is all over the place, tell me how is it ^^

I might not post a chapter tomorrow as my mind is very blank right now I can't think of a good sequence to continue this story so I need to rearrange my thoughts.

I hope you liked this chapter, have a great day/night, love you all ❤️