37

A/n: Kaku looks so peaceful in this fanart :')

It all happened too fast, the long beep, Sanzu barging in and then the doctor with some nurses following behind, Sanzu pulling me away from Kaku as the doctor and nurses tried to restore his heartbeat.

I watched them with blurry vision as Sanzu held me, he was whispering words to me but I couldn't hear them my attention was fully on Kaku.

"Please don't die Kaku" I kept mumbling as I watched the doctor working without blinking, tears kept streaming down my face but I didn't care about this.

I didn't know how long they kept trying but suddenly they stopped and covered his head.

"Wh-what is happening? Why did you stop? DO SOMETHING! PLEASE ANYTHING!" I screamed.

the doctor looked down "we are very sorry, we tried all we could but he is dead" then he bowed.

I stood there in silence, not comprehending anything that he said "what the fuck do you mean by dead? He can't be dead, no! do fucking something!"  I shouted and released myself from Sanzu's arms running towards Kaku and uncovering his face, my fingers brushed his skin, it felt cold like ice, I tried doing CPR once more unable to stop myself from crying till I felt a hand holding mine.

I turned around and saw Sanzu his eyes were red "y/n please stop, it's over .... He is gone".

I looked back at Kaku, laying peacefully there, my hands left his body and I felt my legs giving out but Sanzu held me before I could fall.

I broke down fully at this moment, this was the first time felt this broken, I didn't feel this when I got raped, not when I killed my rapist but now I feel like I lost a part of me.

I wish I had one last time to hug you before you leave me.

..................................

It felt so wrong seeing Kaku's picture with that ugly black ribbon on it, it felt wrong that I was attending his funeral, it felt wrong that I couldn't stop all this.

And what felt wrong the most is that someone I considered a best friend was behind all this.

How did I know? Well, Ran and Rindou managed to find the sniper who shot Kaku, and after interrogating him for hours we found out that he was hired by a new criminal organization called vendetta and after some digging, taking hostages from the said organization and torturing them, it turned out that the boss of this organization is no one other than Hanma Shuji.

That's why he suddenly disappeared, to form this organization and end Bonten.

And what's more ridiculous is that even though we know all this info we still can't get to him cause no one know where he actually is.
All his orders were given remotely, no one can know anything about him unless he allowed it himself.

Hanma Shuji, who would have thought that you could change all the respect I had for you to pure hatred by only doing one thing?

I looked around the hall were we held the funeral, only Mikey, the executive and Kaku's subordinates attended the funeral, Kaku didn't have any family nor friends outside of Bonten.

It's such a loss that no more people got to know this amazing man, he might have been a criminal but he had the kindest heart I've ever met, he didn't deserve to go so soon.

I made my way to the picture, silently paying my respect to him and praying... Hoping that he can be at peace now and happy.