33

We went to Ran's bar, I noticed that it was completely empty and looked at him in confusion.

"I gave the staff the rest of the night off, thought you might prefer it that way" he said.
I nodded "Thanks"
"Anytime" he smiled and made his way behind the bar "so, what can I get for you little miss".
I sat on one of the barstools resting my elbows on the bar, head on my interlocked fingers "What does the bartender recommend?"

He thought for a while "a bourbon sounds right for you"
"A bourbon it is then" I said.

After getting both of our drinks, Ran sat next to me "so, wanna talk about your day?"
"Nope, not really".
He nodded and took a sip of his drink "understandable, but know that you can tell me anything"
"Will keep that in mind" I told him and started sipping on my drink.

We stayed in comfortable silence for a while just enjoying our drinks, I found my mind drifting back to Hanma.

Thinking about him made me feel angry but at the same time I felt curious.

Hanma didn't share much about his past with me and I never asked, I always believed that some things are better stay unknown, and besides I really didn't want to trigger bad memories especially after knowing that his only friend died.

But now after what happened today, I don't really care I need some answers.

But how? How can I get the answers I want without being suspicious.

"Hello! Earth to y/n!" I heard Ran speak.
"Huh? Sorry what?" I asked.
He sighed "okay, I'm done being considerate, tell me what's wrong?"
"Nothing, I'm just tired" I said getting of the barstool "maybe I should go home".

I was about to turn around and leave when Ran held my wrist, I looked back at him questioningly.

"Don't do this, don't shut me off like this" he said seriously.

I stayed silent, I couldn't even think of a good lie to tell him now.

He got off the barstool and stood close to me, his eyes boring into mine "what should I do to make you trust me?"
"Ran, I trust you"
"Prove it"

His hand reached out and brushed a strand of hair away from my face "prove that you trust me" he spoke a bit softer, his eyes still meeting mine.

"How?"
"I'll let you decide this"

We both stayed still just looking at each others eyes until I found myself moving on my own closing the distance between us, my arms wrapped around his neck and our lips brushing against each others softly and gradually the kiss got deeper, his hands found their way around my waist moving down to my hips.

We made out for a while, each kiss we shared left us both breathless and wanting more.

"Is that enough proof for you?" I asked after multiple long passionate kisses.
He tilted my head and pecked my lips once more "I thought it would, but it just leaves me wanting more" he said in a low voice.

I looked at him hesitant, I wasn't sure if more is a good idea right now with my mind being occupied with today's events "Ran..."
"I won't force you y/n, never" he said while making some distance between us.
At this moment I felt all the warmth in my body seeping out of it, I felt cold and alone, something I don't want to feel right now.

"I'll drive you ho-" he didn't complete the word as I pulled him for another kiss.

I don't want to be alone tonight.

.......................................

"Thank you for agreeing to meet me so suddenly Takemichi, I bet you are busy with the wedding preparations" I said to the black haired man sitting in front of me.

I asked Takemichi to meet me cause I wanted to know more about Hanma and his relation with Mikey, asking Mikey or the executives would just bring out unnecessary doubts and I can't get any leads on Hanma's whereabouts he is seriously good at hiding, no matter how much I search I can't find any trace of him, so my only hope is that Takemichi knows anything about him.

"It's okay Miss y/n, I'm just a bit confused why you wanted to see me" he asked.

"Do you know someone named Hanma Shuji?" I asked getting straight to the point.
Takemichi looked surprised, but soon enough his surprised expression turned into anger and maybe some fear which gave me a little bit of hope.

"I see from the look on your face that you indeed know him" I said.
"Yes, yes I know him" he said his eyebrows furrowed in anger.

"Do you mind telling me about his connection to Mikey?" I asked.
Takemichi took a deep breath and started telling me about everything he knows about Hanma, he told me about Moebius and Valhalla and how much they affected Mikey and Toman, he told me about Hanma's dead friend that I finally learned his name Kisaki Tetta and about the misery he brought on Mikey by manipulating everyone around him and killing his little sister and his adopted brother before him eventually dying in an accident.

"Hanma Shuji was Kisaki's first supporter, he sticked with him till the end but after Kisaki died he disappeared and no one knows what happened to him" Takemichi said.

I listened carefully about everything Takemichi said, and was shocked by everything I was hearing, this Hanma is so different from the Hanma I knew, the carefree Hanma who offered me food the first time he saw me, the Hanma who taught me how to survive living in the streets, the Hanma that without him I would have ended up either dead or in jail.

How could he support such a twisted person like Kisaki?

To think that I felt bad for the death of a person like this, it makes me feel stupid and angry.

"Um, could you please tell me how do you know Hanma, miss y/n?" Takemichi asked.
"We met a few years ago, I kinda thought we were friends" I said a sad smile on my face, turns out I don't know anything about the guy I considered my only friend.

"I-is he the reason why Mikey turned...
Like this?" Takemichi asked.

I understood what he meant, and Shaked my head "no, I don't think so"
"Oh" he said "please stay away from him, he is dangerous" Takemichi seemed very worried and it made me smile.

"I'm surprised you're worried about me, Takemichi, but don't worry I can handle him" I said.

I made up my mind, Hanma Shuji.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Soo I have a rough idea about how this story will end right now, I don't want to spoil anything but there will be a turning point soon and I have a question for you all, do you want this story to be divided into two books (the first book will end at the turning point then the second book will be what happens after + the ending)  or you guys want it all in one book? I'm not sure if that makes anything 😅

I apologize for all the Hanma stans but he won't be a love interest in this story ( but he is important).

Also I'm planning to start a new Kazutura fanfic, it will be the longer version of the one shot I wrote, will probably post the first chapter this weekend.

And lastly I hope you guys liked this Chapter and have a great day/night love you all ❤️❤️.