40

Warning: an extremely depressing chapter ahead.

It was the day before the mission, I was sitting in the lounge alone when Rindou decided to join me.

"I'm still not liking this plan" he said as soon as he sat down his head thrown back on the head rest.

I looked at him and he looked so tired, I sighed "I know you are worried about Ran but-"
"I'm not just worried about Ran, I'm also worried about you" he lifted his head and looked at me "both of you are dear to me, I don't want to lose any of you"

"We aren't gonna die Rindou" I held his hand.
"You don't know that, I don't know that, no one knows anything!" He then sighed "Everytime I close my eyes I see you two dead".

I hugged him unable to say anything to that, his concerns are valid we doy know anything about Hanma's plans, we aren't even sure if this is a trap or not, but we have to do something, we have to try..... For Kaku.

We pulled away and I could see how concerned Rindou was.

"If I promised you that I'll be extra careful, would that be enough?" I asked.
"No ... Promise me that I'll see you again after this"
I smiled "okay, I promise".

Day of the mission:

I was getting ready and grabbing the weapons I needed, I got my gun and extra bullets and my dagger.

I then noticed something shiny in my drawer, it was the knife Hanma gave me before, it was old but I took good care of it, sharpening it almost every month and keeping it good as new.

I put my dagger back in the drawer and took the knife instead, I'll make sure he dies with his own gift.

As I finished grabbing everything I need I heard a Knock on the door.
"Come in!"
The door opened revealing Koko, he looked a bit hesitant which made me quirk an eyebrow at him.
"What's up?"
He approached me slowly, and eyed my knife and gun "you getting ready?"
"Yep, we will get going in 15 minutes" I said.
He nodded and stayed silent seemingly thinking about something.
"Koko, what's wro-"
"Can you let me do something before you go?" He asked suddenly and placed his hand on my cheek.
"Um, okay... But what is it?"
His face got closed to mine and I understood what he meant, he stopped midway checking if I'm okay with it or not but when he found no objection he placed his lips on mine.

His kiss was so soft and careful, but in the same way it was filled with need, it felt like Koko was afraid that I might disappear.

When he pulled away he stared into my eyes a serious look on his face "make sure you come back without a single scratch, okay?"
I smiled "I will."

He nodded "good, cause I won't accept you leaving me".

"You ready?" Ran entered my office right after Koko left.
"Yep, let's do this!" Then we both left the office.
We stood in front of the HQ where our men and Sanzu were waiting, once Sanzu saw us he approached us and asked "got everything you need?

"Yep" we both said.
Then he smirked "good, let's go and kill a motherfucker".

.......................................

We reached the destined nightclub, it was 9 pm and the club wasn't open for the public yet, not that this was a problem for us, the bouncers immediately let us in once they noticed our tattoo.

It was normal for us to go to a club with a bunch of our men so we didn't raise any suspicions.

Once we got inside we ordered our men to scatter around the club while some of them stayed with us.