67

I didn't Know how long I stayed in the dungeon and I didn't care, I felt so many things at this moment, relief, I can finally now say that the future changed.. that everyone is alive and safe, I'm happy I won't lie but it didn't stop the feeling of sadness in my heart, I had to kill a close friend to me to reach this relief, even giving into my anger and torture him for weeks.

I wish things didn't have to end this way.

I got pulled from my thoughts by a pair of arms wrapped around me and a had patting my hair softly.

I pulled away to see that Kakucho was the one hugging me while Rindou had his hand awkwardly on my hair.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with raspy voice from crying.
"You've been here for more than two hours, so we decided to check on you" Kaku replied.

I didn't even realize that I've been here for this long, but what made me more surprised is that Rindou was here to check on me, ever since the timeleap he was the most distant one, he didn't even bother to talk to me, seeing him right now didn't make sense at all.

Kaku eyed Hanma's dead body and then looked back at me "are you okay?"
I nodded "I guess... Just a bit shaken".
"I'll get you home" he said looking at me with concern.
"No it's okay!" I looked at Hanma's body "we should bury him first" it didn't feel right for me to just leave him rot in this cell or throw him somewhere.

Kaku looked back at the body and nodded "I'll do it, Rindou will bring you home".
"No, I'll come with you" I wasn't sure if Rindou will be okay with being stuck with me, I'm basically a stranger to him.
"I'll meet you after" Kaku smiled "this might trigger another breakdown for you and I don't want that" he said eyeing my red puffy eyes.

"I agree, it's better if you come with me" This was the first time Rindou spoke, I couldn't tell how he was feeling about the whole thing, his voice was very monotonous.

But both of them agreed on this and deep down I knew that seeing Hanma being buried will only cause me more Pain and guilt so I ended up leaving with Rindou while hearing Kaku call someone to come and carry Hanma out of the cell.

We both got into Rindou's car, I gave him the location and he started driving it was a silent drive till Rindou spoke.
"Kakucho told me that he used to be your friend".
"He was, but not anymore" I wasn't angry anymore just sad.
"What you did needed a lot of strength, I admire you for it" he said as he kept on driving.
I didn't expect to hear those words from Rindou cause knowing him, he isn't someone who would trust people easily let alone gave them positive talk.
"Also I didn't get to say this before but thank you... For saving My brother" he looked at me for a brief moment before looking back at the road "I thought I was going to witness his death, I wanted to save him but my body refused to obey me, you were much braver than me, y/n". Rindou had a frown on his face and he really seemed like he was blaming himself for not doing anything that day.

"you don't have to blame yourself Rindou, I was the one closest to Ran even if you tried to save him you probably wouldn't get to him on time" I tried to comfort him but he still was frowning so I patted his left hand lightly "what's important is that he is alive ... Both of you".
His frown turned to confusion "both of us?"
"Yep" I smiled.
"Didn't know you cared about my safety"
"Of course I do"
"Why?"
"Well, it's a shame if someone as handsome as you gets hurt".
He chuckled "well, if that's true then it should be a crime when someone as gorgeous as you gets hurt" he placed his hand on mine as he kept driving "and I won't allow this to happen ever again".

We reached my house after a few minutes and Rindou walked me to the door "will you be okay here alone? You can stay with us at our home I'm sure brother would like that".
"It's okay I think I can Manage, but I'll keep this invitation in mind".
"You better... It's all still recent and we..I don't want you to suffer alone".

I smiled at that, I was glad that Rindou is still the same he still cared in his special way even though he doesn't show it and I was hoping that he would just trust me but seeing him also concerned about me filled my heart with warmth.

I might have lost a Friend but I gained way more than that.

"I won't, I'll always remember that I have you" I said.
We both said our goodbyes and I got inside my house, going straight to the bathroom to wash off everything that happened today.

After taking a bath and changing my clothes and brushing my hair I heard the doorbell ring, confused I opened it to see an exhausted looking Kaku.

He gave me a tired smile "it's all done now"
I let him in and hugged him tightly "thank you, Kaku".
He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back "anytime my angel".
Hearing him call me that made tears form in my eyes even though he started calling me this again a while ago I still felt touched whenever he did.

After pulling away he lightly caressed my cheek "how are you feeling?"
"Better, now that you are here"
"I can stay the night if you want"
"Yes please" I said without even thinking making him smile, he leaned closer to me and pecked my lips.

"Good, cause I really want to stay as well".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: hey loves! Yesterday was crazy for me, my friend had a baby yesterday and it all happened so fast (even though I knew that she was pregnant 😅) it was one of those times I actually realized that I'm an adult now 😭😳😅

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a great day/night, love you all ❤️❤️