58

Mikey ended up staying the night in my house, I woke up and found him still sleeping next to me looking so peaceful.

I stared at him fondly, tracing his features and studying them, I still can't believe that he is actually here, that we got back some of what we had before.

"You know it's rude to stare, right?" He said and slowly open his eyes.
I sat up feeling a bit embarrassed "since when are you awake?!"
He stretched his arms "not so long ... Maybe five minutes".
"You should have said something!"
"Well you seemed to be enjoying the view" he shrugged still looking very sleepy.

"I wasn't!"
"As you say" he yawned.
I Shaked my head and attempted to get out of bed but got pulled back down "where are you going?"
"Err... Bathroom? To start the day?" I said.
He closed his eyes once more  "nope not yet, we are getting back to sleep" he mumbled and pulled me closer to his body.

Since he didn't give me any other choice I felt myself drifting back to sleep.

We woke about can hour later, ate together and then it was time to talk about the important stuff.
"So, what now?"
"Given the stunt those two pulled I can assume they gave us the right location of Hanma thinking they can kill us before we get to him" Mikey said.
I frowned "it's a possibility, but it can be another killing attempt" everything was getting me paranoid at this moment.
"So what should we do? I can send some of my men to investigate the place".
I nodded "that would be a good first step, I'll send some of the Jōgawara members with your men as well".

Mikey grabbed his phone and call someone "gather some of the men and meet me in the HQ after one hour"
I did the same calling Kuro to meet me in the HQ, afternoon Mikey hung up he turned to me and smiled.

"Shall we go, lady boss?"

As soon as we reached The HQ we headed to Mikey's office five minutes later both Kuro and Kenta entered with about a dozen of both Bonten and Jōgawara men.

"So, who are we killing?" Kuro asked.
"No one at the moment but, Mikey and I discussed the latest events with the Duo who works for Hanma".
"Should we hunt them down?" Kenta asked calmly.
"No we will deal with those two later" Mikey said "we want you two to investigate this location, give us a full report on everyone and everything in there and more importantly if Hanma is in there or not" then Mikey gave them the location and a full description of Hanma's appearance.

The two men nodded and got ready to leave.
"We don't need to say that but, make sure no one sees you" I said.
"You don't need to worry about that boss" Kuro winked and then turned to Kenta who looked way more serious than him "let's go partner!"

"What an ... Interesting duo we have, don't you think?" I asked.

.......................................

I got out of Mikey's office after our discussion with Kenta and Kuro, walking aimlessly through the corridors of the HQ.

"Oh there you are!" I heard a voice behind me and turned around.
"Kaku? Were you looking for me?"
He stood in front of me and scratched the back of his neck "kinda.."

"Well here I am" I gestured to myself "what can I do for you?" I smiled.
"I.. well it's kinda stupid really" he said and I raised a questioning eyebrow at him, he sighed and Shaked his head "last time we talked ... You didn't tell me much about how we were.... I just.. I'm kinda curious honestly".

I Stifled a laugh "is that all? I thought something bad happened!"
"Hey! It's just feels weird to ask that" he said feeling obviously embarrassed.

"

There is nothing weird in that, I'm actually happy you are asking" I took his hand in mine leading the way and heading to my office "I'll tell you everything you want to know".

And I truly did, as much as I loved everything I had with Kaku, there were some moments that I wasn't fond of remembering.

"That fucker! I knew he was an asshole but that's a whole other level" Kaku said looking very pissed after I told him about the day I cut Hiroya in half, that same day I got comforted the first time by him.

"At least I got to kill him twice" I shrugged, it's not that I'm not mad anymore, but right now I have something else to be concerned about.

Something that I can actually stop.

I didn't realize that I was lost in thought until Kaku's hand brushed mine lightly, I looked at him in confusion.

"This won't happen to you ever again, I won't let it".

I felt myself tearing up, I wanted to say the same thing to him.

I won't let you die one more time.

Kaku wiped my tears with his thumb and smiled "it's okay to cry, it doesn't make you any less stronger".

He said it again.... It feels like I'm back to his Apartment that day, unable to hold back anymore I hugged him tightly but what surprised me is that he also hugged me back.

Kakucho pov:

She is supposed to be a stranger to me now, I didn't even knew anything about her two months ago, but why.... Why does it feel so right to hold her like this?

Her warmth, scent even how her arms wrapped around me, it all felt like home.

A home I almost forgot how it feels like.

As much as I wanted to stay like this longer we pulled away after a short while.

"You won't die this time" she said, her face filled with determination.
"I know, I have you as my guardian angel right now" I smiled.
Her eyes widened "angel?"
I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion "did I say something wrong?"
"No no, you just ... Used to call me that a lot" she said looking away.

Well, at least that version of me had common sense.

I held her face making her look at me "then that's what I'll do as well"
"You don't have to.." she said.
"It feels right" I mumbled and she nodded "okay..".

Part of me truly didn't want to let go of her face her eyes were mesmerizing, her skin under my fingers were soft.

"Kaku..." She mumbled, her voice was pulling me in, and before I knew it my lips were brushing against hers softly.

"You can push me" I whispered against her lips.

She Shaked her head and connected our lips together to my absolute relief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: y/n be like, I'm gonna catch em all! Hehe 🤭, I'm sorry but I will not post for the next two days I will be busy with some work and I have a deadline will be back on Sunday! 😊

Here is another story recommendation by itzsleepyghost check it out she just started today and it's interesting ❤️ it's called Komorebi ^^
I'm thinking of starting a discord server for you guys, if there were Enough people I'll do it so let me know if you like the idea 😊❤️

I hope you guys liked this chapter, have a great day/night and love you all ❤️❤️❤️