Chapter 2: Enemies

"What the fu

"What the fu..." I didn't have time to finish. My father bursted into my room and his hand appeared on my neck, squeezing it tight.

My back hit the wall. Hard. A mild concussion maybe. I tried my best to knock him off, but his grip tightened.

"You got rid of the evidence, huh?" He said between his teeth. "So how is possible that Moretti wants to talk?"

I opened my mouth to give him an answer, but I couldn't breathe properly. I was already losing color from my face, so he let go of me.

My knees let me down and I fell to the ground. My hands flew up to my neck. I coughed a few times and tried to get the air where it belonged.

"Answer to me!" He raised his voice.

"I don't know!" I shouted, which he certainly didn't like. I leaned against the table and got onto my feet. "I lost a man, but still did everything the right way. If you want to blame anyone here, look at yourself. He must've found the guy your men shot and got rid of, not so well I might add." I held my head high, but it passed me when I felt his hand on my cheek. His rings dug into my skin and took some of it with them.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that again! You live under my roof and from my money!"

"As if I had a choice." I felt a blood on my lip. I licked it and felt a familiar taste. "I did everything right, if something went wrong it wasn't on my side." 

"Clean yourself." He looked at me without emotion. "You'll deal with the problem yourself. Today." He straightened his jacket as he walked through the door and gave me a contemptuous look. "A man have to be ashamed because of you."

I kept myself from running after him and shooting him right in the head. I've had enough of his shit. If something happens, it's always my fault.

He's never the bad guy. He lost my respect long time ago. He thinks, being my father means, that if he gets on my nerves, I won't shoot him. Wrong. This happens one more time and I'm going to inherit.

"Mr. Devlin." I heard a familiar voice at the door. My father didn't answer, as usual.

Not too long after that, Leo entered the room.

When he saw me, he frowned and ran to me. "Are you okay?" He grabbed my face and looked at my wound.

"I'm okay." I folded his hands. "Nothing I can't handle. You should go change and call the team." He looked at me confused. "We're going to meet Mr. Moretti." I specified. "He made an appointment and father doesn't want to go to it. As usual, it's up to us."

"Sure boss." He smiled.

He liked it when I got into the position of a boss and started ordering everyone around.

"Idiot." I chuckled and pushed him toward the door. He winked at me and disappeared from my room. "Son of a bitch." I looked in the mirror. I have a torn lip and red imprint on my cheek, which will definitely turn purple. Fucking hell.