Chapter 21: Dinner

Someone will  die today

I feel like someone is pounding my head with a hammer. And one thing I know for sure, he's not doing it gently. My eyelids are glued together, and it is not possible to open them.

I tried to move my legs and arms. I have all my limbs, that's good.

Wait. I'm alive.

Why?

I tried to open my eyes to find out which idiot had left me alive. This person realizes I'm going to kill him the moment I can walk, right? Or at least blink.

The first thing I noticed was the gray ceiling.

You gotta be kidding me.

I sat down, which caused me even more pain. I'm in this room again.

Where the fuck is Francesco because I'm going to rip him apart.

When my legs finally started to cooperate with me, I stood up and headed for the door. They didn't lock me up. With every step I took, I had a mild headache.

The first thing I noticed was the group of people who turned to me the moment I came down the last step. "So, I'll be so generous and let you choose which one of you wants to die first." I smiled at Francesco, Dominic, and Samuel. I wonder where Lydia is.

"How the hell did you get out of the room?" Francesco walked to me with an angry expression. He took my hand and squeezed hard. "How did you get out of the room?" He repeated in a tighter voice. I thought it was a mistake to lock me in my room at all. He should have thrown me into the deepest hole I couldn't get out of.

"I let her go." I heard a voice behind me, which I missed. "Now you let her go." Lydia appeared beside me with her arms crossed over her chest. Her pink hair was already faded, but she hadn't changed at all.

"Lydia, what do you think you're doing?" He said between his teeth, looking straight at Lydia and his hand still on mine.

"Elijah verrà a cena stasera. Anche padre e madre. Dubito che tu voglia che lei faccia qualcosa. Tienila come un animale in gabbia e si comporterà come tale."
(Elijah is coming to dinner tonight. Father and mother too. I doubt you want her to do anything. Keep her like an animal in a cage, and she'll behave like one.)

Who the hell is Elijah and why do they have a family reunion today?

After the sentence was completed, Francesco looked at me. One would think he would let me go, but he didn't. He started pulling me towards his office. I'm not complaining, at least no one will see me kill him.

He closed the door behind us and released my hand. Finally.

"We'll make a deal." He looked at me seriously.