Chapter 23: The gym

"Miss Amira

"Miss Amira." Margret greeted me with a warm smile. "It's nice to see you again."

I gave her a tired smile. I haven't narrowed my eyes for years, that's not me. I'm extremely exhausted. Words and sentences go in with one ear and out with the other.

"We're tired of the flight, could you send someone for our stuff, Margret?" Francesco appeared next to me. The jacket he had just worn five minutes ago was already held in his hand.

"Of course." She left with a smile on her face somewhere behind us.

"You okay?" He asked after a long time. I didn't even notice I was staring at him. Again.

"Yeah." I sputtered with a small smile. "I think I'm going to sleep." I pointed my finger up the stairs to where I had my room last time.

"You should ..." He began, but I interrupted him.

"Check for cameras somewhere. Of course." I finished for him.

"Actually." He laughed. "I meant you should take this." He dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out a long-lost necklace. "For your safety."

Did he kept that the whole time I was gone? Surely not.

"Sure, thank you." I took it from his hand and folded it in my palm. I'll wear it later. "Something else?" I asked when he looked at me wordlessly for a long time.

"I'm sorry."

I took two steps away from him. Nah nah, nah, I'm not doing that.

"Are you going to shoot me or stun me?" I frowned. Why else would he apologize to me?

"No." He chuckled. He put his hands in his pockets and looked at me. "That night in Russia." His smile dropped. "I crossed the line. I'm sorry."

I could do anything, but I started smiling. "Am I dreaming or did Francesco Moretti just apologized to me." I laughed. "Can you say that again so I can film it?" I pulled a cell phone out of my back pocket and waved it in front of his face.

"Stop." He walked to me and took my cell phone. He didn't seem to enjoy it as much as I did. "I'm serious." He stepped even closer and I could feel his breath on my face. "From now on, you control everything. Everything involving Aaron goes through you. But you know I don't like orders, so don't overdo it." The corner of his mouth lifted slightly.

I must have looked stupid when I ran away from him. I found myself looking at his lips so I grabbed my cell phone and then ran away. Like a small child. What the hell is wrong with me?

I slammed the door behind me and slid to the ground. I put my head in my hands and stayed in my thoughts.

What's the feeling I have now with Francesco? After all, I can't feel anything for him. He's a crowned idiot. He's annoying. And those stupid eyes he always looks at me with. Lips that sometimes unknowingly he bites into...