Bonus chapter I.

"Francesco Moretti, I swear to God, if you're not here in five seconds, I'll take the thing that is closest to me and shove it up so deep your

"Francesco Moretti, I swear to God, if you're not here in five seconds, I'll take the thing that is closest to me and shove it up so deep your...." Before I was able to finish, Lydia walked into the room.

"Why aren't you wearing the dress?" She looked at me in horror.

"I'll murder you, Francesco," I said between my teeth on the phone. It's the tenth call I've left on his answering machine.

"Amira!" I looked up at Lydia.

"What?!" I shouted in frustration.

"The dress!" She pointed to a pile of white cloth that had been placed on a pale brown seat. "Why aren't you wearing it yet?" She closed the door behind her and headed for the seats. "You're not going to the altar in jeans."

"I don't seem to be going to the altar at all."

"What?" She turned to me.

"In case you haven't noticed, Francesco has disappeared. I can't find him anywhere and he's not picking up his cell phone." I threw my hands up.

"I'm sure he's with Samuel and they're getting ready." She tried to calm down me and also herself a little.

"Samuel may be preparing for the funeral because I'll kill Francesco. Your father came and said he couldn't find him anywhere."

"Amira, calm down." She came closer to me and grabbed my hands. "It will be fine."

Two sentences that can make a person dial even more.

"You know what's worse than being left at the altar? Don't even get there because there's no groom there!" I raised my voice.

"Amira Devlin!" She shouted at me. "I have a six-month-old baby growing up in my belly and kicking me every second. My mother was behind my ass all day asking if I needed anything. I organized this whole wedding to be perfect, down to the last detail, so don't you dare tell me, that you will not go to the altar!"

Since when is she so scary?

"So, you're going put on your wedding dress while I'll help you, you understand?" It was something in her eyes that made her even scarier.

"Yeah, okay." For my safety, I nodded.

"Good." She took a deep breath and grabbed her stomach. "And you little devil stop kicking." She received her answer almost immediately in the form of a kick from little Leo. A small hump could be seen on her narrow blue dress, which stretched to the ground. "Little bastard." She muttered under her nose. "Clothes." She looked up at me and pointed at me. "Now."

I slipped around her before she tried to kill me with a look, right now she would be able to do that.

I grabbed a soft white cloth in my hands and regretted not picking up a color that would flatter me more. White is not my favourite, but I know my mother would like it that way. Since she can't be at my wedding, at least I'll think about her this way.