Chapter 55: Florence

"You're back

"You're back." Lydia said with relief, running to us and throwing herself into Leonardo's arms. "Where's Amira?" She looked at us all.

"Still in the car." I answered her. I saw even more relief in her eyes.

"So, she's fine." She smiled and took a hard breath. "Thank goodness."

"I wouldn't say that." She looked at me confused. "She needs to process this."

"So, Anthony is ..." she swallowed hard.

"No." Leonardo said. "He's alive." Angry, he slipped around Lydia and headed upstairs.

"What happened?" She frowned.

"I have to go find Samuel." I slipped around her with a laptop in my hand.

"But ..." I heard her behind me. "Francesco!" She screamed, but I ignored her and headed for the living room.

"Samuel?" I peeked into the living room, but he wasn't there.

"Here." I turned and saw him on the steps. "You all right?" He went downstairs, straight to me. "Leo didn't look good."

"I need you to find out if the documents on this are modified." I handed him the laptop. "As soon as possible."

"Yeah sure." He took it and walked past me. He sat down on the couch and opened his laptop.

"9368" I said before he asked. I'm sure he would find out the password himself, but it's faster this way. I walked around the couch and stood behind Samuel.

"You have to know something." I heard Lydia approaching us.

"Ask your brother, I don't know anything." Cass said as he entered the room.

"Idiot." She murmured under her nose as she walked over to me. She stood next to me and looked at the screen. "What is this?" She frowned.

"Problems." I folded my arms across my chest. "Folder in the right corner." I navigated Samuel.

"And I'm supposed to understand that? Problems? What's that supposed to mean? Whos is the laptop?"

"Anthony's." We all moved our attention to the door where Amira stood. She still looked slightly soulless. "Samuel, what did you find out?"

I shifted my gaze back to the screen where Samuel already had the folders and photos open.

"I can't say everything one hundred percent, but I don't think these photos are real."

I glanced back at Amira. The emptiness was no longer there. I only saw the anger that masqueraded as sadness.

Without a word, she turned and started walking away, I wanted to catch her, but maybe that's not the best idea. It takes time.

"Francesco." Lydia got my attention. "Is that Amira's mother?" I nodded. Her hands flew to her face. "I have to go see her." She turned to leave, but I caught her.