Chapter 58: Sparkles in his eyes 🔥

"Mommy, what is love?" I asked while she kissed me goodnight on the forehead

"I thought it was going to be a fairy tale today." She ran her hand through my hair. "Where did that come from?" She laughed, ran her hands over my stomach, and tickled me.

I kicked my feet slightly and lay on the bed laughing. "Stop," I said with a laugh.

"I can't tell you exactly what it is." She pulled away from me and straightened her hair. "Love is something different for everyone. But what I can tell you is that someday you will meet someone who will look at you with sparkles in their eyes. They will look at you as if you were the whole world and more to them."

"Then I want love!" I shouted.

"And it will come." She laughed. "You'll have to wait for it."

"But I don't want to wait." I frowned. "I want love now." I folded my arms across my chest.

"You know, love is also scary little one. Not everything is always pink. Sometimes it can be unrepeatable. One-sided. But that doesn't stop love. We don't choose who we fall in love with. It just happens. And sometimes in the future, love will find you too. When she comes, don't fight her. What is supposed to happen will happen."

*****

I don't know what I'm doing.

I don't know why I'm standing at his door.

I'm just here. In the middle of the night.

Since you're standing here like a complete idiot, you could at least knock.

And you could shut up.

But what will I lose by knocking? Maybe he won't even open it. God, I hope he doesn't.

I hit the wooden door twice with my hand before lowering it back to my body.

Nothing. No movement.

I exhaled. Maybe it's better that way. Who knows what I would do and say. I have chaos in my head. My stupid thoughts didn't let me sleep and this seemed like a good idea. Someone should slap me, I mean it.

I was ready to leave when I heard movement from inside. I froze in place. Fuck.

The door soon opened and a sleepy Francesco appeared.

His hair was scattered and large circles under his eyes. My gaze immediately fell on his bare chest. Oh my God.

"Amira?" He said in a sleepy voice that made my body chill. "Has something happened?" He leaned over and looked down the hall behind me. He looked around before looking back at me.

"Yes. No." I nodded and closed my eyes.

My God, what am I doing here?

"Which one is it?" He chuckled.