Chapter 66: Yes

"What do you mean they're gone? What car accident?" Lydia threw up her hands

"Francesco asked us to go after them. To make sure they were safe. We had a puncture on the road and when we continued by the road they went, we found a car. Upside down. No one was around and there was a lot of blood. " Cass said.

"This can't be happening." Lydia sat up and folded her head.

"I'll take some guys and go search the area. Samuel, try to find something on the cameras." Cass gave orders.

He and not me. Because I can't. I can't say a word.

They are gone. Leonardo and Amira. They're gone and I don't know where. I don't have the slightest clue where they can be.

If only I went with them. I should have gone with them.

If I wasn't so fucking stupid and didn't mess up this morning, everything would be different. I asked her to marry me. What was I even thinking?

With my head in my hands, I tried to find just one idea to find them, but nothing. I have nothing.

I can't think right now. How could it? The woman I love is gone and I don't know where. I have no way to protect her.

"Francesco." I heard Lydia and looked up at her.

I didn't realize I was crying until she wiped my tears away. She wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me.

It took every bit of strength to keep me from falling completely apart here and now.

"They know how to take care of themselves." She whispered.

But her words did not reassure me.

"Amira." I heard Samuel's voice and pulled away from Lydia.

I shifted my gaze to a person, standing in the doorway. Her face and hands were covered in blood, and tears were running down her cheeks. Her expression was blank. A body without a soul.

"Amira." I ran to her and took her in my arms. I hugged her tightly while she was just standing there.

"Amira, where's Leo?" I heard Lydia behind me. I pulled away from her. "Amira?"

"I-I ..." Tears welled in her eyes and she shook her head.

"No." I heard Lydia. "No, no, no." She covered her mouth with her hands.

No. Not him.

"I'm so sorry." Tears ran down her cheeks. "I-I tried to save him, but ... I'm... him ... I..."

Before I got to her and hugged her, Lydia overtook me. She hugged her and began to cry on her shoulder, whispering something to her.

They both just lost someone who had a big impact on their lives. Hell, he changed my life too.