Chapter 47: Old friend

The plane was ready to take off but Leo didn't look like that

The plane was ready to take off but Leo didn't look like that. He stood on the steps, looking around. He kept looking at his watch. I guess he's waiting for me to show up.

I could turn around now and run. I could never go back to London, but there are other wonderful places.

But why do I feel like I can't do that? That I can't turn my back on him?

I stepped towards the plane. When Leo's gaze fell on me, I saw the relief in his eyes. At least I can read something from him.

"You came." He spoke when I was close to him.

"What did you expect?" I picked up the folder and waved at it. "Everything in it is true?" I raised an eyebrow. "Every single word?"

"Every word."

"Then we should go." I walked up the stairs, but he stopped me.

"You shouldn't drag that by yourself." He reached for my bag. "Let me help you. Please." I handed it to him and saw his smile. After those years, I forgot what it looks like.

I went upstairs and got inside the plane. Leo was right behind me.

"And I thought you weren't coming." I heard a male voice behind me. I turned and saw a familiar face. "My name is Cassian by the way. You can call me Cass."

"Is this your pet?" I turned to Leo. A quieter laugh escaped his lips. I love that sound.

"Any way her and Lydia are sisters? They both like to make fun of people. Does it fill your life?" He raised an eyebrow.

"It does." I walked over to him and patted him on the shoulder. "And by the way, Cassian, I'll use you as a shield next time." I slipped past him and headed for a seat by the window.

Leo sat down on me for a while. The plane got into the air, and we were already on our way.

"I'm sorry for the way I treated you."

"Please don't do this. Don't apologize. Just leave it as it is. We can't change the things that happened anymore." I looked at my hands and then right back at him.

"Right." He moved his gaze to the view behind the window.

"Can I ask you something?" He nodded. "You and Lydia, do you live with..." I stopped. I wanted to say his name, but I stopped.

I would be lying if said I didn't think of him. I did. More recently for some reason. Sometimes in the good and sometimes in the bad. It hurt sometimes. Memories of him.

"He lives in Florence if that's what you're asking. He won't come until Christmas."

"Then we should move and have all this behind us as quickly as possible." I leaned into the seat.

"It's two hours before we arrive. You can get some sleep." He stood up slowly and walked past me.

I wrapped my arms around me and looked at London from the window. I can't back out anymore. I'm leaving my safe place.