Chapter 31: Give up

"So that's why you're here," I said

"Exactly." Alessia smiled and put another bite in her mouth. "Sometimes you just have to bother them a little." She blinked at me. "You have to show them that you can do everything without them. Men are not the center of our universe. They need to be reminded of that often." She pointed out.

"Good morning." Leo appeared in the doorway. He came up to me and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"All right." I smiled at him. "Why are you in such a good mood?" I asked while he sat next to me.

"What do you mean?" He frowned.

"You have something on your face. It's called that. Oh, I know. A smile." I laughed.

"Stop." He poked me. "Where are the others?"

"In the gym or pool." But I really care where Lydia is, since I didn't find her in her bed in the morning. But I probably already know the answer now.

"Do you want to train later?"

"Sure, why not." I shrugged. "I'm going to change and go to the others." I stood up, leaning over, and kissed him on the cheek. "Tell Lydia that if she doesn't want her brother to catch her, let her go back to her bed in the morning," I whispered so Alissa wouldn't hear me. He looked at me in fright and I just laughed. "I'll see you in a bit." I winked at him and left the dining room.

It may not have been a good idea to leave him there with Alissa, but she wouldn't do anything to him. She doesn't even know him, and I doubt he'll have a conversation with her.

I ran up the stairs and quickly changed into a sports bra and leggings. I threw a simple gray zip hoodie on top. I have nothing else here, so this must be enough. I picked up my cell phone and headphones from the bedside table in case I got my teeth full of people and wanted to listen to some music.

I was surprised I didn't run into anyone on the way. Lydia was probably in her room already. And Francesco? I have no idea.

"That's everything you can do?" I heard Adam when I opened the door.

"Shut up," Thomas called.

I entered the room and I immediately saw them. Thomas and Adam were in the ring, fighting like women, while Oliver watched them with a laugh. But what was a big surprise for me was that Francesco was standing next to him. He was wearing gray sweatpants and a white T-shirt.

Oh god, he looks good.

It took me a good minute to take over. What the hell is going on here? Since when is he such a friend with them? I wouldn't be surprised if I found someone from his bodyguards here, or if Samuel and Dominic showed up after those days, but he? Is it possible I'm still asleep?

"Did I woke up in the right universe?" I walked over to them. "Since when are you, such friends?" They both shifted their gaze to me.

"A fun story." Oliver started. "I was going to refill the water when I found him in the kitchen. I noticed he had the same tattoo as me." He grabbed the edge of his T-shirt and lifted it. They were two crossed arrows. I remember the day he had them done. It had some stupid meaning that I don't even remember properly. "Do you know he has it on his chest? I planned it too, but ..."