Chapter 65: No

I don't know exactly what woke me up

I don't know exactly what woke me up. It may have been feeling. But all indications were that it was his touch.

Francesco's hand was on my bare thigh. He made small circles on my skin with his finger. It felt like electricity was coming through me again.

With my eyes still closed, I just smiled and enjoyed his presence.

But something tells me he knew I was up. His lips were on my shoulder, leaving a path of kisses.

"Good morning." He whispered in my skin.

"Mhm." I let myself be carried away by the feeling of his lips on my skin.

"How did you sleep?"

"You made sure I didn't get that much of a sleep." I laughed.

"You started it. It's not just my fault."

"Debatable." I said as I turned to my side so I could look at him. "Hi." I smiled and brushed a lock of hair from his face.

"Hey." He said with a smile.

"I like it." I bit my lip.

"What?"

"Waking up next to you."

"Who says it can't be the order of the day? Basically, you've already moved here. You also spend most of the nights in my room anyway."

"I'll think about it." Maybe it's time to do it. We somehow skipped the moving in phase a long time ago, but I wouldn't mind waking up like this every day.

"There's something else you should think about." He seemed slightly nervous.

"You're absolutely right. I'm going to have to convince Lydia and Leo to be a godmother. I've already missed one baptism; I'm not planning to miss another one. I'll have to help choose a name, too. Jake sounds good, doesn't it?" I laughed.

"Marry me."

Excuse me?

Did I hear well?

What the hell...

"No." I laughed.

"No?" He raised an eyebrow, surprised.

"No." I shook my head.

"Sure, don't try to be nice or anything." He snorted and sat down.

"Francesco..."

"I think you said that quite clearly." He interrupted me. "We don't have to talk about this topic anymore." He threw the blanket away and stood up. He gathered his things from the ground and began to dress.

"I didn't mean it that way." I sat down and pulled the blanket a little higher. Not good timing to be naked.

"I think I know what you meant."