Chapter 64: Control 🔥

"Leo is that you?" I frowned and shifted my gaze to the silhouette that walked to the front door

"Leo is that you?" I frowned and shifted my gaze to the silhouette that walked to the front door. He stopped and walked into the living room. The light from the TV lit up his face. It is Leo. "Where are you going?" I put popcorn on the table and stopped the movie Francesco and I were watching.

"Lydia wants pistachio ice cream, so I'm going to buy it for her." He said slightly tired.

I looked at the clock, which showed one o'clock in the morning. "And where do you want to find one? The shops have been closed for a long time."

"Then I'll probably break into one." He shrugged.

"I'll go with you." I suggested.

"Amira, you don't have to..."

Before he could finish, I stood up. Francesco, who didn't understand how quickly I replaced him, just sat there. I leaned over and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. "You can go to bed. You didn't like the movie anyway." I smiled and walked over to Leo. "I'll just run for my coat." He nodded and I slipped around him and went for my coat.

When I returned to the living room, I saw both Leo and Francesco laughing at something. I leaned against the door frame and enjoyed the view.

The two most important men of my life in one room. Laughing.

It must be a dream.

"You're ready." Leo noticed me and stood up. He walked over to me and we went outside.

I smiled at Francesco before we left and sent him an airy kiss. I heard him scream to get one vanilla for later. Also screaming that I'll find out for what later.

No one really wants to see my thoughts when he said that.

*****

"Park here." I stopped Leo.

"Why?" He frowned but parked.

"We'll walk. We haven't talked in a long time."

"Let's go then." He smiled and we both got out of the car.

We crossed the sidewalk and started walking around the abandoned city.

Really abandoned.

No one was anywhere. Apart from the lights on the street, there was no light anywhere. Everything looked so calm.

"I don't even remember when we were just walking around." Leo laughed.

"I do. It was after Oliver blew up his room. We ran away from the building at the speed of light and laughed all the time. We left him alone in that situation." I smiled at the memories.

Everything was easier then.

"Yes, of course. I completely forgot about it. I still don't understand what he was trying to do." He frowned.