Chapter 60: Monsters

I searched for the handle while my back was pressed against the wooden door of the villa

I searched for the handle while my back was pressed against the wooden door of the villa. Francesco's lips were glued to mine. The journey here seemed incredibly long.

I didn't really expect us to last back here.

I finally felt the handle and opened the door. I started backing away and taking off Francesco's coat.

When it fell to the ground, mine soon appeared next to it.

"Am I interrupting?" We heard a voice from behind us and broke apart.

I turned just to see Eris standing on the steps with a smile on her face.

"Eris." I said in surprise. "I thought you were suppose to come back late." I adjusted my hair and T-shirt with my hands.

"I was suppose to, but my plans have changed." She took us a few steps. "I came across this." She waved in front of me with the yellow folder she had in her hand for about the whole time. How could I not notice?

Maybe because a second ago you were ready to fuck Francesco in the hall.

"Take it as my payment to stay here." She shrugged and handed me the file. "It's your ex's will. It's basically what you told me, but I saw one name there for the first time."

I took it and opened it. I glanced at the will and stopped at a name that had nothing to do there.

"Who is Leonardo Adler?" She asked.

"Amira?" I felt Francesco's hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong with Leonardo?"

I stared in shock at the words that were written on the paper. Everything in me was falling apart.

..... If she refuses, the one who kills and brings evidence of the deaths of Amira Devlin and Leonardo Adler, will get every right to take over my business.....

All the papers I had in hand were on the ground. They slipped away from me and spread out all over the hall.

"I have to agree to Aaron's terms."

"Amira, what are you talking about?" Francesco appeared in front of me and grabbed both of my hands.

"I won't let him die for me." I broke away from him and slipped around them.

I ran to the garden. I heard Francesco's voice behind me, but I didn't turn around. I need to be alone. The cold night engulfed all my surroundings, except for the pool area, which was illuminated.

"Amira, wait!" He said almost breathlessly.

"Come on Leo, we're almost there." I pointed to a small hill in front of us and ran on. The wind scattered my hair as the warm rays of the sun fell on us. Drops of sweat began to run down my face from the heat.

I stopped on a hill and layed down on the tall grass. Panting, I tried to breathe deeply.

"I'm not as fast as you." For a moment, Leo appeared beside me. He put his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath.