Chapter 59: The cafe

It was a bad idea

It was a bad idea.

I should never have come to his room. What did I even think?

When I woke up, I found an empty bed next to me. What more can I take from this than he is regretting it?

He must have considered that I was just using him.

The moment I realized it was a bad idea to stay here, I stood up. I'll leave before he comes back. It doesn't have to be more embarrassing than it is.

I picked up things that were scattered all over the room and got dressed.

I hurried to the door and opened it. I walked on without thinking, but at the door I came across something solid.

Before I even realized what had happened, I heard glass and porcelain fall to the ground and shatter.

At that speed, I just closed my eyes quickly, but as I slowly opened them, I regretted getting out of bed.

In front of me stood Francesco with, an already empty, tray and his clothes from of orange juice. There were pieces of glass and food under our feet.

Before he said anything, he licked his lips and tasted the orange juice. "So, the morning surprise didn't work out." He ran his hand over his face and wiped the remains of the juice.

I want to sink underground right now.

"Francesco." I covered my mouth with my hands. "I'm really sorry."

I looked at the ground again.

Francesco made me breakfast. He didn't run away or anything like that, he went to make me breakfast. Kill me, please.

"I was told my food wasn't the best, but I didn't think it was that bad."

"If you want me to feel even worse, it won't work. I already feel terrible."

"That probably leaves us having to eat like normal people in the dining room." He held out his hand to grab mine. "Watch the glass." I grabbed it and jumped over the glass.

"Francesco, I ..." I wanted to tell him how sorry I was, but he pressed a finger to my mouth.

"We'll talk about your punishment later." He winked at me and started pulling me away from his room. "I'll tell someone to clean it, don't worry."

We went downstairs in silence. It was suffering for me. Guilt engulfed me at every turn.

What did I even think? I'm definitely just such a stupid person.

"And what happened to you?" I heard laughter as we entered the dining room. Eris looked at us over the table with a cup in her hand and a smile on her face.

"Minor accident." We continued to the table and both of us sat down. Francesco called the staff to bring us some breakfast.

"Juice?" Eris offered me.