Chapter 37: Tie

With each bump of my fist on the surface of the punching bag, I felt a dull pain in the ribs

With each bump of my fist on the surface of the punching bag, I felt a dull pain in the ribs. But that didn't stop me. 

I'm useless. I can barely run. Weeks on the bed didn't help my fitness. The ribs heal more and more every day. At least Samuel told me that. Do I trust him? I should.

I am not able to take care of myself. Someone can attack me calmly here and I would be dead in a minute. This may happen later in the evening. Lydia and I agreed to go together. 

I'm not saying the celebration is a good idea now, but maybe we'll benefit from a little relaxation. Even though there is a good chance that someone will kill us there.

I don't really care though. I'm going there at all costs. I spent six hours locked up in a store with Lydia. Apart from her complaints about Leo and a million dresses, it was awful. The only thing I could think of was Francesco and Rose.

I can't forget that. I thought I'd shoot her there. No one wanted to stop me. Except for Francesco. I don't know how it happened. I shouldn't have hesitated and should have killed her right away. We didn't get anything from her anyway. She's useless to us.

"Shit," I said almost breathlessly as I raised my hand too far in front of me and missed the bag. With that movement, I stretched a little more than I should have and the rib reminded me. I sniffed where it hurt and checked how badly I had damaged it.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I was fine. Everything is okay. With another deep breath, I took up position and continued what I was doing.

I froze when I felt a pair of hands on my hips. "Loosen your hips." He said in a voice that made chills all over my body. He rubbed his lips against my ear, and I could feel his breath on my skin. "You'll get hurt otherwise." He whispered.

My hands dropped beside my body, and I began to turn slowly. With his hands still on my hips, I met his piercing gaze.

"What are you doing here?"

"I should ask the same thing. You should rest."

"I won't help anyone if I sit on my ass all day."

"And if you hurt yourself even more, will that help?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I just had a hard time breathing I need it." I pointed for myself. "It relieves frustration." Especially the sexual one.

"I don't think you should go there today. It's a bad idea." He said nothing.

"What do you mean?" I frowned. "Do you have any idea how long I've been choosing a dress?" I tried to take a few steps back, but he wouldn't let me go. He held me tight.

"So it's not really about my birthday, it's about your dress. I should feel offended, don't you think?" He said with a smaller smile.

"You enjoy it too much." I rolled my eyes. "Now." I shifted from foot to foot. "Let me go so I can go start preparing."