Chapter 5: Capo

"Yes of course

"Yes of course....I understand...We have a deal then." I heard my father's voice from the study.

I knocked on the door and with that got his attention. He motioned for me to wait. I rolled my eyes and stood in the doorway. He exchanged a few more words and said his goodbye to the man on the other side.

"What went wrong?" He walked over to the table and sat down. He pointed to my neck.

"Everything's fine. McGee is alive but unconscious. He'll be ready to answer any questions in a few hours."

"All right." He looked away and opened a small black laptop on the edge of his table.

Is that it? Oh, what am I even expecting? Screw him.

Without another word, I left the study. Why do I even care what he says? He's a complete idiot. That's not how a father should behave. Or a decent person.

"You alright?" I heard a voice when I left the study.

"Nothing out of the ordinary." I passed Leo. "How's McGee?" I started walking into the room with Leo on my heels.

"Still unconscious. If you want to speak to him now, we can slap him a few times." He laughed.

"I won't interrogate him." I opened the door of my room and sat on the bed. "Father wants to talk to him himself. Our work is over." I tossed my shoes to the door. "We can go get a drink tonight." I suggested. "I could really use one."

"You would use a medical attention. Look at your neck."

"Don't worry so much about me." I laughed. "It looks worse than it is." I pulled my big T-shirt over my head and went to the bathroom. I carefully put the fabric down my throat. "You, see?" I looked at Leo. "No infection." I reached for the first aid kit in his hands. "Tell everyone they have time off today. They can join us tonight."

"I actually can't." I looked at him. "I already have plans."

I raised an eyebrow. "You?" I pulled out a cloth and poured disinfectant on it.

"Yes, me." He approached and took things from my hand. He started treating the wound on my neck. "I have a date."

"You got a what?" Leo on a date? He has been on one, and I arranged that for him. It ended in disaster. The girl still doesn't have hair.

"Don't act so surprised." He said between his teeth.

"You haven't been on a date in years."

"And how would you know that?" He frowned.

"Because I know you from diapers. I know exactly when you had your first kiss, sex, and also when some girl gave you a hea..."

"Okay. Okay." He interrupted me. "You know me." 

"When will I meet her?"

For a moment, I felt like he froze. He swallowed hard before giving me the answer. "She's not my girlfriend Amira. Chill out."