Chapter 54: Laptop

"Let's go over the rules again

"Let's go over the rules again." I turned to Leo, Francesco, and Cassian. "Something won't go according to plan, and you'll get out. Immediately." I saw a disapproving look on their faces. "You let me speak, and only me. He will try to provoke us, don't let him. Do you understand?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah okay." Leo exhaled hard and the others nodded.

"You stay in the car if something goes wrong." I nodded at Cassian. "Let's go." I turned back to the building in front of me.

We made an appointment with my father. This should be his "base". Two gorillas stood in front of the entrance, and more were loitering around the property. It's firmly guarded here. Either that or they're here to keep us from escaping.

He was slightly surprised to hear from home. I guess the people he hired to kill me in London told him I was dead. Wrong. He won't get rid of me that easily. He should already know that.

"Weapons." They stopped us at the entrance.

"Do I look like I know how to handle a gun?" I raised an eyebrow.

They exchanged glances and walked over to Leo and Francesco. They took all their weapons and let us in.

One led us and the other followed closely behind.

I turned my head to the side and nodded at Leo to start the next step.

He ran into a shoulder with Francesco, who stopped and shook him. "Watch it." He warned him.

"Me? You pushed me." Leo said and pushed him back.

Francesco's hand flew to Leo's face and hit his cheek.

"Hey!" I walked over to them and stood between them. I placed a hand in which I had the hidden gun in, on Leo's chest. "Stop it. Both of you." I did the same with Francesco.

"Everything okay?" One of the bodyguards appeared next to us.

"Yes. I'm sorry." I smiled. "Boys." He nodded and we continued on our way.

When I turned slightly again, I saw them both smiling.

We stopped in front of a wooden door. When one of the bodyguards knocked, a loud "come in" sounded.

The moment the door opened; I had a view of my father sitting at a table with his head in papers. He's working? He and work? I'm dreaming.

Behind him stood two more gorillas in suits.

He raised his head and our gazes met. "Amira." He said slightly annoyed. "I'm happy to see you." He stood and pointed to the chairs in front of the table.

He has changed slightly. It was evident that he had lost some weight. He finally shaved his beard and put on a decent suit.

"I wish I could say the same thing." I smiled and walked over to him. I sat down and so did Francesco and Leo.