Chapter 36: Old acquaintance

"Shit!" My head hit the top of the kitchen cabinet

"Shit!" My head hit the top of the kitchen cabinet. I swung a few steps back as I held my head and hit my back on the kitchen counter. More swearing came out of my mouth.

"Are you okay?" I turned toward the door where Lydia stood.

"Do I look like it?" I rolled my eyes and rubbed the parts where I had hit myself. That can only be my luck. It's been awful lately. I almost killed myself coming out of the shower yesterday. I don't know what's been happening to me lately.

"Amira..." she came closer to me, "can we stop this? It's getting ridiculous. You're not talking to me. I know you're upset. You have every right to be, but don't you think it's too much? When will you look at me normally? " She said with an injured look.

"Why should I forgive you?" I folded my arms across my chest and leaned against the kitchen counter. "You lied to me." To be honest, I haven't been mad at her for some Fridays. I know why she did it. What is also true is that not everything is her fault. I shouldn't have gotten involved with her brother.

But let's face it, Francesco is not the best brother. 

"I made a mistake. I realize that. It was the border I shouldn't have gone past. I'm sorry. Amira, please, I need my friend." She said with tears in her eyes.

After a moment of silence, I finally spoke. "What happened?" I noticed that Leo hadn't been in the mood lately. I know where the problem is now.

"We argued. Leo and I." She started playing with her hands and looking at the ground. "We said some terrible things to each other."

"And now he doesn't want to talk to you." I guessed. Leo sometimes has moods like a woman who has a period.

"Yes." She said quietly. "We should have gone to Saturday's party together. Now we won't even look at each other."

"Saturday's party?" I looked at her confused. Since when is something going on Saturday?

"Don't you know?" She looked up at me. "It will be the thirtieth."

"And?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Francesco's party?" She frowned. "Oh my god, you don't know." Her hand flew to her mouth. "Francesco has a birthday on Saturday."

Tell me I heard her wrong. She's lying, isn't she? It's not his birthday, right? He didn't tell me anything. We agreed that we were friends,  and he wouldn't hide such information from me.

"You and me. We'll talk." I said and slipped around her. Someone will have a real problem here.

How could he keep it from me?

I stopped at his door. I should knock, right? No. I'm upset. I'll just fly right in there.

I slammed open the door and to my surprise, no one was there. The room was empty and silent.