Chapter 61: Boyfriend

I reached for the coffee cup in front of me and pulled it to my lips

I reached for the coffee cup in front of me and pulled it to my lips. "Will you be standing there long?" I said before I drank.

"How did you know I was here?" He laughed and walked over to my table. He sat across from me with a smile on his face.

"I saw you in the reflection." I nodded behind him, where the glass showed him standing behind me. "And you also gave too much cologne on yourself this morning" I put down the cup. "What are you doing here, Leo?"

"I wanted to ask you the same thing. I didn't see you in class today. Your father wasn't thrilled."

"And when is he?" I snorted. "He has a problem with me when I'm just breathing." I rolled my eyes.

"You're right." He laughed.

I noticed that Leo was saying something else, but my attention shifted to the person who had just entered the cafe.

I smiled unintentionally and Leo noticed. He immediately turned and found out who I was looking at.

"God." He exhaled hard. "Really? Him?" He frowned. "I don't like him."

"You don't like anyone." I reached for the cup. "At least no one who's interested in me." I whispered.

"Did you say something?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Aaron is a good man." I defended him. "He's nice, funny ..."

"Old." He interrupted me.

"Oh stop. I'm almost eighteen." This means that our relationship can finally happen.

"Exactly. You don't even have much sense yet."

"I'll pour that coffee on you if you don't stop." I said with a stern look. "I don't understand what you don't like about him."

"I just don't like him." He folded his arms across his chest and leaned back. "Plus, he's your father's companion."

"You know what? That's enough. We won't go back to this topic." I closed the notebooks I had in front of me and put them in my bag. "Another topic. Another topic. Another topic." I thought. "How's Lizzie?"

"You mean Linda?" He raised an eyebrow.

"It doesn't matter. How is she?"

"Can we talk about something else?"

"For God's sake, what did you do?" I said in horror.

"I just don't like her. And you should stop trying to play matchmaker. I don't want to meet any of your friends." He pointed a finger at me.

"First of all, Lindsay is not my friend ..."

"So, who is she?"

"The girl I met at the bar. I think." I really can't remember.