Chapter 50: Maybe you should've

I think Samuel and I overdid it

I think Samuel and I overdid it. That tequila was a really bad idea.

I woke up with a headache and urgently needed to drink something. I slowly got out of bed and headed for the kitchen.

I carefully opened and closed the door so as not to wake anyone.

But as I stood on the steps, Francesco's study was slightly open, and the light beneath the door dimmed the floor.

I stepped a little closer and heard three voices.

I opened the door and it got everyone's attention. I crossed my hand on my chest and leaned against the door frame.

Francesco sat in a chair while Leo and Cassian stood with their backs to me, their hands on the table.

"Does anyone want to explain to me why you're up so late?" I raised an eyebrow.

All three exchanged a look

"So?" I asked again.

"We tried to explain the situation to Francesco." Leo finally spoke.

"And what's so complicated about it?" I frowned. "My father hired people to kill me. End of story." I smiled. "It wasn't that hard now, was it?"

"Amira ..." Leo began.

"Why are you even talking about it. Neither of you should care. You should go back to bed with your wife. You two do what you want, I don't care, but leave it. It's my concern and my concern alone."

I pushed away from the door and turned on my heel. I started walking away from the study to the kitchen. I really need a pill now.

"Don't." I said as I poured water into my glass. In the reflection from the window, I saw that Leo had joined me. He stood in the doorway looking at me. "Don't give me lectures." I turned and leaned my ass against the kitchen counter. "Not you." I snorted.

That may have been unnecessary. We'll blame it for alcohol in the body. Yes, that's a good idea.

"Deserved." He said honestly. "I don't understand why you mind?"

"You don't understand?" I raised my eyebrows. "I don't want anyone to worry about it. Whether it's you, Lydia, or God himself. It's none of your business." Or your fight.

"You know we can help you, so why not just let us? Everyone in this villa cares about you whether you like it or not."

"You really don't get it?" I put down my cup and walked over to him. "You have a family. Lydia and Em. Who do you think will go after he didn't get me? He'll go after my family. You're my family." I stopped by him. "I won't let him hurt the people I care about."

"You already have a plan." He said with apprehension in his eyes. "Amira, what the hell do you want to do?" He frowned.

"What I should have done a long time ago."