Chapter 49: A hug

Who even thought it would be a good idea to go here? I should never have left London

Who even thought it would be a good idea to go here? I should never have left London. I should've stayed there and solved everything myself.

When I heard his voice, I froze. I wished it was just a dream. I wanted to wake up so badly.

I finally ran away. I ran away cowardly until he stopped me. I missed his touch on my skin. It's not right, but I missed it.

I didn't know what to tell him.

He hasn't changed physically at all. He may have grown his hair slightly, but not otherwise. He looks mentally mature. He didn't push me, and he didn't want anything from me. Maybe it's because he didn't know I'd be here.

But Leo saved me when he returned. Then I immediately ran away again. I have to clean it in my head, otherwise, it won't work.

I ran up the stairs and closed myself in the room. I leaned my back against the door and slid down the floor.

What is he doing here? They said he would not return until the holidays.

The moment I saw him, everything came back to me. Memories I tried to forget. I tried to throw them in a box and bury them deep so that no one will ever get to them again. Me neither.

Am I cowardly because I ran away from him? Now, but also years ago? What would it happen if I didn't run away and faced it? The reality.

My breathing had calmed slightly.

"Amira." I heard Lydia's voice from behind the door. "Are you okay?" I don't know, am I?

I stood up slowly and opened the door. I got a glimpse of Lydia holding her daughter in her arms. She was right. She has eyes from Leo, but otherwise, she's so similar to Lydia. Something about her is reassuring. Maybe it will be the innocence or the penguin she has in her hand.

I stepped away from the door so they could go in. I walked straight to the bed and sat on it.

I heard the door close and soon Lydia and Emily appeared beside me. They sat next to me.

"Emily, this is Amira." Lydia smiled. "Amira, this is Emily."

I reached out to Emily so I wouldn't scare her, but she actually scared me a little. She ran across the bed to me and jumped on me. She wrapped herself around my neck and buried her small head in my neck.

I froze for a moment, but immediately recovered and hugged her back. The smell of strawberries got into my nose. How can she smell like strawberries?

She pulled away slowly and smiled at me. "You are pretty."

"Oh, thank you." I laughed. "But I think you're prettier." I winked at her. She blushed slightly and walked back to Lydia. She sat down next to her.

"I didn't know he was coming. I'm really sorry, Amira."