Chapter 13: Flight

"Stop!" I mumbled into my pillow as I heard another banging from behind the door

"Stop!" I mumbled into my pillow as I heard another banging from behind the door. "It's night! Go somewhere else!" I pulled the blanket a little higher in an effort not to hear the noise. "Once again and you won't live to see..."

I heard another knock on the door and my nerves broke. I threw off my blanket and got out of bed. I walked to the door and unlocked it.

Yes, I'm locking up because I already have problems with someone who still comes here. Especially when I'm topless.

"I swear I will..." I opened the door and saw Francesco standing in the hallway. His face was almost white, and his clothes cut to pieces. "You're bleeding." I noticed drops of blood running down his hand.

"Really? I haven't noticed." He cleared his throat. He hissed in pain as he pressed his hand against the wound.

"What happened?"

"We can talk over a coffee later, but right now I'm trying not to bleed out in this hallway, so if you could help me, I'd really appreciate that." I walked closer to him and carefully put his hand away to examine the wound.

"You need a doctor." I pressed his hand back to his stomach.

"You have some experience, don't you?"

"Yes, but I'm not a doctor." He still has a bullet in his stomach. That means I would have to pick it for him. But if I make a mistake, he may die. That bullet may be the reason he hasn't bleed out yet.

"Samuel is still out. So you'll have to make do."

"If you die, it won't be on me." I grabbed his hand and slung it over my shoulder so he could lean on me. I began to walk slowly into my room with him.

I walked carefully over to the wall with him and leaned him against it. "Wait here."

"Like I can go anywhere." He said sarcastically.

I walked over to the bed and dropped everything from it so he could lie down. I walked back to him and laid him on the bed. "Where's the first aid kit?"

"My bathroom."

"Okay. Keep this on the wound." I handed a piece of cloth out of the closet. I quickly disappeared from the room and headed for his.

I've been here before, but that doesn't mean I know where his first aid kit is.

I ran into the bathroom and turned it upside down until I found the first aid kit. A small white box was hidden under the sink.

I returned to him and opened the first aid kit. I threw it next to him and looked at his wound.

I carefully put my hand on his side from the wound with the cloth. I pulled scissors out of the first aid kit and cut his T-shirt.

"Just take out that bullet." He hissed from the pain.

"I can't. It can be the only reason you're alive. If I take it out, you can die."