Chapter 63: Pregnancy test

I don't know what I'm going to do

I've been looking at a positive pregnancy test for ten minutes.

I can't be a father. I just can't.

Amira and I returned three days ago. I was locked up in the office most of the time, but Amira came to me at any time and all the work flew out the window.

That was the case today. I found myself in her bathroom taking a shower, but I didn't get that far.

She's pregnant.

And she didn't tell me. I had thrown around with her half an hour ago, but she said nothing.

"Are you okay, Francesco?" She peeked in the door, and I immediately hid the test behind me.

"Yes, yes," I said nervously. "I'm all right."

"Okay." She smiled. "Lydia and Leo are going out somewhere, so I'll go watch Em, stop by us when you have time." She came to me and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. "See you later." She turned on her heel and left the bathroom.

I heard her close the door behind her and lean back against the sink to keep from collapsing.

Amira is pregnant and I'm the father. Wait. What if I'm not the father?

No. I am the father. She wouldn't cheat on me.

Wait. But she could be with someone before she returned. Maybe she has someone else!

But her stomach didn't grow. Or? Fuck, how can I not know? What month in could she be?

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

What should I do now? She didn't tell me because it's either not mine or she wants to surprise me.

But I don't want kids, do I? I mean, I love Em and I like spending time with her, but having my own baby? I'm not ready for that.

Maybe it would be better if the baby wasn't mine.

No, it wouldn't be better! I still love Amira.

Shit. Shit. Fucking hell. Shit.

What the fuck am I supposed to do? Should I tell her that I found the test or tell her nothing and wait to see what she will do?

Why can't anyone answer my questions!?