Chapter 34: Examination

I can't feel my hand

When I was finally able to open my eyes, I found out why. His incredibly large head lay on my left hand. How is it possible that he has such a heavy head when he has nothing in it?

I tried to move my hand but in vain. "Leo." I finally said. "You're laying on my hand," I complained, but he didn't answer me, he just corrected himself slightly on the chair. I wish I had the strength to throw him to the ground. That would definitely wake him up. "Leo!" I said louder. "Aghh." I rolled my eyes, which was a really big mistake. My headache is terrible. I wanted to grab it with my right hand when I found out that some tubes were connected to me.

I raised my head and looked where I was. I'm in my room, which is good. But what's not so good is that I don't remember how I got here. I'm glad I'm here, don't take me wrong. But how did I get here?

I tried to sit up, but the pain hit me as fast.

I slapped Leo's head with my right hand. The first time I didn't make it, but the second time I made it. He sat up quickly and almost jumped out of his chair. Blood finally started to flow into my hand.

"Amira." He smiled at me.

"Did you want me to lose my arm or something?" I frowned. "And what is this?" I pointed to a stand of fluid that went into my body. "Take the needle with the tube out, or I'll stuff it in your..."

"Okay. Okay," He laughed and walked over to the other side of the bed. He pulled out a tube and I didn't forgive myself for hissing from the pain. "Alright?" I nodded. "You'll never go anywhere alone again. Okay?" He raised an eyebrow.

"How did I get here? And how long have I been out?" I started bombarding him with questions.

"You've been out for two days. It was really hard to find out anything when you were unconscious. How are you feeling? You know what, I'd better call a doctor." He ran to the door and just left.

"A doctor?" I said to myself.

I sat down with incredible pain. I threw away my blanket. Who changed my clothes? Probably Lydia. Lydia. Where is Lydia?

I threw my feet off the edge of the bed and felt the cold ground.

"Hey. Hey. Hey. Where do you think you're going? Back to bed." I heard a familiar voice.

"Samuel?" He ran to me and carefully laid me back on the bed. "What are you doing here?" I looked at him confused. "Ouch." I hissed as he laid me back on the bed.

"First of all, don't you dare get out of that bed. You have a few broken ribs, ugly bruises, a few stitches, and who knows what else." He pulled the cover up to my ears. "Most importantly, you should stay warm." He put his hand on my forehead. "But you've lost your fever. That's good." He smiled softly.

"I'm okay." I got up, but I got another slap from reality. I'm definitely not okay.

"You sure look like it." He said sarcastically.