Chapter 9: Job

"What the hell

"What the hell..." I came out of the bathroom with one towel wrapped around me and the other on my hair. "How long have I been in the shower?" I looked in horror at the pile of clothes on my bed where Lydia was sitting.

"You said you had nothing to wear." She defended herself.

"Yes." I took a few steps towards my bed. "Maybe borrow a T-shirt and some sweatpants, but no ...What the fuck is this?" I grabbed a black leather dress that could have been half-assed and had its entire back exposed.

"If you don't like it, I'll keep it." She snatched it from his hand. "I wanted to be nice."

"Looks like you wanted to make a whore out of me." I acknowledged and pulled out another dress that was a little longer.

"Stop acting like you're not one yet." We exchanged serious glances, and then burst out laughing.

"Looks like someone's having fun here. Can I join in?" There was a deep male voice beside the door.

"What do you want Dominic?" Lydia spoke first. "We don't have time for you."

"I can see that." He laughed. "Francesco wants to talk to you." He looked at me.

"Doesn't he have legs to come himself? If he wants something, let him come." I rolled my eyes and returned to the pile of clothes.

Miraculously, I found ordinary gray sweatpants and a black crop top. That was the only thing that covered up anything. It's absurd how much revealing clothes Lydia has.

"He'll kill me if you don't come down."

"Guess who doesn't care." I said as I walked back to the bathroom with things in my hands.

When I put on the sweatpants, I relaxed. Finally something loose.

I kept my hair still wet and spread the towels to dry them.

I left the bathroom, but neither Lydia nor Dominic was in the room anymore. Francesco stood by my bed. He held a backless dress in his hands and looked rather thoughtful.

"It wouldn't fit you." I announced my presence. He turned his attention to me, letting the dress to fall back on the bed.

"I told you to come down." He said in a harsh voice. I rolled my eyes.

"And look who came for whom." I smiled.

"Don't test my patience. If I tell you to come to the study, you'll come." He stepped closer with each word. "Do you understand me?" He stopped just in front of me.

"And I'm not your slave. So, if you want anything from me, you'll have to come to me." I made it clear. I won't run after him just because he said so.

"This will be a rare exception, and only because I'm in a good mood. I have a job for you."