Chapter 28: Men

I put my hand on the handle and moved it carefully

I put my hand on the handle and moved it carefully. The door opened and I looked at her.

I told her to go to bed and that's exactly what she did.

She wore a big black T-shirt up to her ass. Her blanket was slung over, and her chest was slowly rising. She blew her way into the pillow, and I couldn't help but smile.

I took a few steps toward her before I noticed that her hair was everywhere. I stopped just in front of her and brushed strands of hair from her face. I pulled the blanket a little higher.

Who would have thought that she and I would end up like this? That I will end up like this.

I don't think I got her out of my head. It won't be that easy.

I wanted to sit with her for a while but then I felt the phone vibrate in my pocket. I left the room as quickly as possible so it wouldn't wake her.

"Yes?" I closed the door carefully.

"Boss." I heard Dominic's voice. "We have a problem." He said seriously.

"What's the matter?" I walked a short distance from her room.

"We followed the trail and found something. A woman."

"And how is that my problem?" I asked.

"There was a letter with her. And I quote: Your sister will be next." I froze. "We're sure it was..."

"Aaron." I interrupted him. "Where are you?"

"Russia," he said and my heart stopped.

He's after my sister. And I have no way to protect her from here.

I turned and slammed the door to Amira's room as I walked in. She straightened quickly and looked at me in horror.

"What the hell?" She was breathing fast.

I walked over to her and took her cell phone from the bedside table. I dialed the last number called.

"Amira?" I heard a man's voice. "It's three o'clock in the morning, you all right?"

"Tell my sister to pack. I'll come after her."

"What?" I heard Amira. "What's going on, Francesco?" I ignored her.

"Did you understand me?" I said between my teeth.

"Where's Amira?" His vulgar voice spoke.

Before I could say another word, I no longer held the phone in my hand.

"Leo, hey." She spoke. "I don't know what's going on, but whatever it is, do what he said. Tell her to pack, but don't do anything. I'll call you as soon as I find out." She waited a few seconds for an answer and hung up. "What the hell is going on? What do you mean you're going for her? She's safe there."