Chapter 25: Marseille

"I'm coming in peace

"I'm coming in peace." I saw a pair of hands at the door.

"What the hell are you doing here Dominic?" I got out of bed and walked over to him. "I thought you were in Russia with Lydia." I hugged him.

"Francesco called." He pulled away and I got a look at him in all his beauty. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss his face.

"So, he's talking." I snorted. It's been two days since he last spoke to me. Two days passed, and he didn't even come to see if I was still alive. He didn't show up for breakfast and dinner was no different. When he was not locked in the study, he was away somewhere.

Yes, we kissed, but it's not such a big deal. If he is only avoiding me because of that, he really should think about himself. Even so, it didn't mean anything. It was a weak moment for me.

"Yeah, I'm here because of Marseille." He ran his hand over his hair. "Plus, your team doesn't need me much. Leonard killed me with his stare every day as soon as I got up."

"Of course, he did. His name is Leonardo and not Leonard." I laughed. "And what's in Marseille anyway?" I folded my arms across my chest.

"Francesco didn't tell you?" He frowned.

"Tell me what?"

"We have Aaron's location. They did. We lost him a day ago and have no clue where he is now." I froze.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me." I ran out of the room without further hesitation. I slipped around Dominic and headed for the study. I didn't even bother to knock. I flew into his office. I saw he was on the phone with someone, but I didn't care. "When did you want to tell me that you knew where Aaron was?" I shouted.

"Chiamerò più tardi." (I'll call later) He laid down his phone while I approached him.

"Why did you not tell me?" I said angrily. The only thing that keeps me in check right now is...I really don't know.

"Because I knew you would react exactly like that." He snorted and sank even bigger into the chair. "We lost him anyway, so it was useless."

"Of course, it was!" I hit the table with my palms. "Everything was supposed to go through me, remember? If you'd just told me, we could have had him!" I raised my voice.

"Don't you dare raise your fucking voice at me, Amira!" He hit his hand on the table before standing. He can be three meters taller than me, and I will still not be afraid of him.

"I can do whatever the hell I want!" I threw up my hands. "I can pack up and get out of here, take my team, and do what you're obviously not capable of!" The blood inside me began to boil and the words came out on their own.

"Really?" He snorted and walked around the table to me. I moved away from where I was standing so I could face him. "You'll see him and freeze. You hear his name and you're a stone. The only thing you're afraid of. You're so afraid of him that it controls you." He stopped just in front of me. "What else could I expect from a woman like you?" He said with a smirk on his face. "You'll never get rid of the feeling that he controls you. Never." He looked at every inch of my face and waited for me to react.