Prologue

I don't care how you read this but just please let the beat drop when they kiss, that's all I ask.

Ariya

Five years ago

"Yeah, I just never thought I'd really leave this place." My voice was soft.

The darkness engulfed us as the moonlight slightly illuminated the area. The park was empty rather than the usual day to day rush after school was let out. It was so quiet I felt as if I could hear my own pounding heartbeat. The creak of the swings as the old rusted metal chains rang deeply throughout my ears. The metal was cold against my hands.

"I'll miss you." Khyson spoke.

Both of us clad in our blue gowns.

"Don't, don't do that." I chuckled sadly, trying desperately to hide the imminent pain in my voice.

It was crazy to think how just today we graduated. That longing feeling of not knowing what to do. You're an adult now, but does it really feel like it? 

It seemed as if my words silenced us both, not knowing what to say or do. I was leaving tomorrow yet we both hadn't brought it up because it was just too painful.

Too much pain.

"So, I still can't get you to change your mind about leaving?" His voice was pained and you could tell just how hard he was trying not to show it. I dropped my head, looking down into my lap and chuckled out loud.

"No."

"How about I let you stay over.. one last time, huh?" He bargained.

One last night.

"Like the old days." I could feel his smile from here, I turned my head to the right and saw him staring down at me. Those pleading eyes burning a hole straight through my conscience. I felt myself breaking once again.

"One night, please, Ariya." He begged. I sighed loudly before feeling a small droplet of water hit my bare wrist. We both glanced up noticing the drizzle. By the mere seconds the droplets became bigger and bigger until I felt his hand grip my wrist.

He pulled me up and off the swing, we ran to his car and quickly slid in. We both sat there panting. I smoothed down my wet hair and watched him run a smooth hand over his. His head turned to mine and we both stared.

It was like I knew what he was saying, his eyes always told a story. I always seemed to get lost in those deep brown irises.

I've been best friends with Khyson since the fourth grade, I'd think I'd know how to read him by now.

"I'll stay." I smiled.

He smiled and shoved the keys into the ignition. The whole ride to his house was spent silent. Just the rain harshly slapping against the window.

We then pulled into the nice neighbourhood of his house. We both ran inside and stood inside, panting as the water dripped from our clothes.