29

Ariya

William was going to stay with us for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. But he got a call and had to go visit a patient in the hospital. Hopefully he'll be back.

Now on Christmas Eve on eleven o'clock Rylan and I were cuddled up on the couch sharing a cup of hot chocolate, watching a Christmas movie. This was our first year with a tree and he was so exited.

"Easy, two hands it's hot." I handed him the mug and he took a small sip. I took the mug back and placed it on the coffee table.

"What do you think you got?" I asked Rylan while keeping my arm around his small waist.

"I don't know." He shrugged lightly, resting his head on my shoulder, I placed my head on his head and I smiled.

"I don't want you to be disappointed if you don't get what you asked for, okay baby?" I caressed his jawline and noticed his head tilt up towards me.

"I won't be, mama, I'm happy we're together." He smiled a toothy grin at me. I kissed his cheek and he blushed.

"Mhm, I love you." I sighed.

"I love you more." He giggled.

"You tired?" I rubbed my thumb over his forehead and he nodded with a yawn.

"Mhm." He nodded.

"Okay, come on."

We brushed our teeth and changed into our pyjamas, he then ran into his room and I followed.

"Is uncle Zion gonna be here when I wake up?"

"Maybe." I shrugged. He pulled the covers to his neck and turned onto his side.

"Go to bed." I ran my hand over his hair.

"Goodnight, I love you." I pressed my lips to his head with a warm smile.

"I love you more."

"Never." I told him through the doorway, I heard him laugh before I shut the light off and closed the door.

I walked into the living room and switched the tv off, folding the throws and taking the mug into the kitchen. I washed the dish and braced my hand on the counter. My head dropped and I cracked my neck.

He knows.

I know.

We both know.

The door opened and I watched William rush in while removing the jacket.

It's Christmas, it's Christmas Ariya. Forget about it.

"Hey, babe." He smiled.

"Sorry I took so long." He added while coming up behind me with two hands. I leaned forward and let his breath tickle my neck.

There was something I wasn't telling him.

There was a lot.

He thinks my parents are some stable people who live down in Atlanta, who own a restaurant. God I'm such a liar. He thinks Rylan's father ran off. I've been lying, but it hasn't hurt us?