10.

Ariya

"Arms." I said as he pushed his two arms through the winter jacket. I zipped up the front and let him spin around.

"Do you feel warm?" I asked.

"Yeah, but we're inside."

Who would've knew how expensive good winter coats are, I've been using the same one since I was eighteen.

The one that Rylan was trying on had a zipper and buttons, with fur on the hood. It draped right above his knees and he looked pretty warm.

I smiled.

"I like it." I nodded. He shrugged it off before we walked to the cash.

I got my first pay check last week and it's been amazing. I took Rylan on the subway for the first time and he loved it.

"Look we're heading for the bridge, look out the window." Rylan climbed on my lap and stared out the window of the train.

"Look at the buildings! They just woosh by so fast! We're so high! It's like flying! It's so cool!"

He loved it so much and it just warmed my heart seeing him so gracefully happy and content with himself.

When we arrived back at the apartment Rylan ran off into his room as I unpacked the groceries I had brought.

There was a knock and I rose a brow while unlocking the bolts.

Amara.

"Aren't you supposed to be with Kameron or something?" I asked while walking back into the kitchen to place the cereal in the cabinet.

"He's with Khyson, some thing about a guys night."

My body shivered at his name, I quickly shook it off and nodded.

"They're friends?" I asked.

"Idiots, they're idiots. They're best friends but when they're together they cause mad chaos, their only chill moods are in the office.. he never told you?" She asked. I shook my head and she laughed.

"Nope."

"Well yeah, Khyson was going through a rough patch when Kameron helped him, it really brought them together."

Rough patch? Hm, interesting.

"How's Rylan?" She adverted her words at my undeniably uncomfortable-ness. I smiled and turned on my heels.

"He's.. thriving, I bought him a winter jacket today, it's getting real cold."

She nodded and I leaned my arms forward to stare back at her.

"How are you?"

"I'm good."

"How are you really?" She asked. I stood up and began to turn the stove on.

"I'm... good." I nodded.

"Ariya, if you ever need me to watch Rylan I'll do it, you deserve some me time." She stressed, pursing her lip together.