25.

Ariya

"Please, I really need you."

"Why don't I just go?" William asked me.

"You are not the best at waiting in line."

Last year I made William stand in line for this toy for Rylan and he ended up yelling at the workers and walking out empty handed, so I had to take things into my own hand.

"Fine, when do you need me over?" He asked.

"Saturday morning, that's when they go on sale, the toy store two blocks down got a shipment and I need to get there before they open."

"How about I stay over and then you can just leave in the morning?" He pondered.

"Yeah, yeah alright. Rylan has been asking for you anyways." I sighed while wiping my hands on my jeans.

"Okay, tell him I'll be there at ten."

"Bye, I love you."

"Love you too."

"Is William coming over?" Rylan asked with a smile while leaned forward on the counter.

"Maybe." I pondered.

Rylan has gotten sick of me, it's official and a little depressing. Once William shows up with his spontaneous sleepover he'll be more than happy.

-

A couple hours later the door opened and William came through door while shrugging his shoes off.

I was cleaning up the kitchen and Rylan was on the couch watching tv. He popped his head up and ran over to William.

"Hey, Rylan."

"Hi." He giggled.

"How's my favourite guy?" He asked with a smile.

"Good! I wrote my letter to Santa!" He giggled, you could hear the happiness purely laced in his voice.

"That's good, one sec I'm gonna go chat with your mom." He smiled.

He detached Rylan from his leg and walked into the kitchen.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked me. I placed the dish I was washing down and led us into my room. I closed the door and turned to face him.

We stared at each other for a little while before he spoke.

"I don't get it?" He shrugged.

"What?" I asked.

"I feel like you been.. distancing yourself from me and I just-I don't get it?"

"What do you mean?" I placed a hand on my hip.

"I haven't seen you in almost two weeks, you don't text me anymore, you don't call."

"I not trying to ignore you.. I've just been busy, that's all."

"How do I know you're not lying, huh?" He argued in a whisper.

"Is that how you see me.. Ariya the cheater?" I was disgusted.

"No-no that's not-I just-why!"

"I have a life, William! I have a son! News flash, I'm raising him all by myself. But you wouldn't understand that because you don't have one, you have rich parents and a big house and all these assets! Not everyone was born with a big bag of cash in their hands?"

"Ariya I-"

"No, can we please not do this right now, Rylan is outside."

"Mhm, okay."

"Okay." I scoffed and gripped the handle. I twisted the cold metal before feeling his hand grip my arm.

"What?" I seethed.

"Forget it."

"Sleep with Rylan tonight, okay. I'm sure he'd appreciate it." And with that I left him and walked back into the kitchen to finish the dishes.

Over time it seemed as if William had been.. changing. He's not the same person I met buying Avocados last year, he's different. I feel like what was there wasn't there anymore. Something had been thrown out, we weren't the same.

"Mama?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm tired."

"Do you wanna sleep over here with William or in your room?" I asked while picking him up on my hip.

"My room, I'm tired." He huffed tiredly.

"Okay, come on.. let's go." I got him into his bed room and tucked him under the blue covers. He shuffled around a bit before closing his eyes. I kissed his head before lightly shutting his door.

William eyed me as I walked over to the couch, re-folding the throws. The silence biting into my ears.

"So, I guess I can't slip into bed with you tonight?" He chuckled.

"I would prefer you sleep on the couch." I kept my eyes adverted from his body and grabbed a pillow for him. I fluffed the white pillow and laid a blanket down for him.

"Ariya, you know I didn't mean it-come on." He creeped up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"William."

He tightened his arms around me and I squirmed in his presence. He placed his head on my shoulder and grazed the shell of his lips against my neck. Thumbing the material of my shirt.

"I'm tired." I whispered.

"I love you, Ariya." He breathed against my neck.

I paused, taking in a deep breath to calm my nerves.

"I love you too, let me go.. please." I whispered with my eyes closed hoping that would separate us.

"Let me sleep with you, baby."

"Fine... come on." He unwrapped his arms from my waist and grabbed my hand.

"I knew you couldn't resist." I nodded tiredly and let him pull me inside of the room. He closed the door trapping us inside.

Well it felt like I was trapped, he didn't seem to know though. I felt constricted.

I watched him remove his shirt and slip under the covers. I shrugged my slippers off and pulled my hair into a ponytail.

Getting under the covers and laying so I faced the wall.

I felt him spoon me from behind before I sighed uncomfortably.

And slowly drifted off.