52

Ariya

"Then we shook hands and he left."

"He just left?"

"Yes!"

"Fuck! So you're like a free woman now?"

I chuckled lowly before resting my chin on my knee, glancing forward at her on the chair in my room.

"I don't know, I've been with William for as long as I could remember." I puffed my out a stiff breath before nodding.

"Things change.. babe. Plus, you should be excited for your date with Khyson tonight!" She squealed, clapping her hands.

"Yeah, I guess." I mumbled.

"Ok! Now turn around so I can do your eyeliner." I leaned forward before her hands grabbed my cheeks.

I've been thinking about this "date" for.. ever. I can't seem to think of how it will play out. I've never seen Khyson as a romantic type of guy, I mean yeah he was caring but we've just never been like that. We've always just been friends.. you know other than that one time we slept together.. we'll make it twice actually.

"Don't worry."

"Just be yourself, I'm pretty sure he'll be able to tell when you're not." He capped the lid on the liner before tossing it back into the drawer.

"Some mascara.. and.. ta da." She moved aside so I could see myself through the mirror.

"Thank you, Amara." I smiled.

"Okay come on, go put your dress on." I walked into my washroom and shut the door. The dress hung on the door.

I pulled my shirt off and gazed at myself in the mirror.

My eyes landed on the small tattoo under my breast. The outline of a heart, it was supposed to bond us forever.

"Shit! Khyson, you said it wouldn't hurt." I seethed, clenching his hand within mine.

"Did, Ariya Kingston just cuss at me?" He gasped, I glared at him before he laughed.

"Well if I said that you wouldn't have agreed to do this." I groaned in pain, knowing that his words were nothing but the truth.

"Done." The tattoo artist said.

"See, was that so bad?" He grinned at me with a devilish smile before I swatted his bicep.

I hopped off the table and walked up to the full body mirror with him. He pulled up his shirt as I kept mine up, we stared forward at the matching ink with smiles.

"Perfect."

I mumbled.

I reached back to pull the dress off the hanger and slipped into it.

Smoothing the fabric over my thighs down then walking out.

"Ahh! You look so good!" She clapped.