27

I love you so <3

Ariya

The past is something everything has, the past can fall on two different sides of the spectrum. There's the happy memories that pass and make you reminisce and nostalgic.

Then the bad ones, that maybe consist of a trauma like a death, or an incident.

Not everyone was lucky enough to have something with them, by their sides.

I had Khyson and yet it felt as if we had never been friends.

But it wasn't supposed to faze me.

It wasn't.

"Thank you for watching Rylan, I know I've been asking for a lot from you these days." I stressed.

"It's no problem just call me before you leave." He nodded. I felt bad for leaving Rylan, I've been going out a lot these days, and since Christmas falls on a Saturday this year I get half day Thursday and Friday off.

Meaning our glorious Christmas party for the office is on Thursday night. Which happened to be today, today was Thursday. Which means I get half day off. Which was a plus, I was just going to sleep until I had to pick up Rylan, very exciting to say the least.

I was getting ready to leave when Kameron walked into my office.

"Hey."

"Hey." I replied with a small smile.

"Anything I need to bring on Saturday?" He asked.

"Alcohol, lots of it." I laughed with a smile as he returned while leaning on the glass frame of the door.

"Alright, well.. I'm exited to meet your brothers."

"Don't be."

"Harsh." I stood up while slinging my coat on and draping my purse over my shoulder.

"Trust me." I patted him on the shoulder and brushed past him.

"See you tonight!" He yelled with a hand waving. I spun around while still travelling backwards on my heels and waved back at him.

I waited for the elevator to open before a tap on my shoulder was felt. I turned my head while seeing Khyson.

"Hi?" I chuckled.

"Give this Rylan." He handed me a box and I grabbed it. I shook my head with furrowed brows.

"No, it's okay, Khyson."

"Just take it." And like that he was gone and I shrugged to myself. What could it probably be?

I took the elevator down to the parking garage and unlocked my car.

The drive home was calming, peaceful, and I had no intent for it to be interrupted. William was at work and Rylan was at school. I had about three hours to myself.

After I got upstairs I unlocked the door and kicked my shoes off.

Wow, I-um-I've never had so much free time.